The Night Listener Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

I wondered why I had missed a movie with so many great people in it. And now I know why - it's barely over an hour of underdeveloped should-be-tension.

• Dec 30, 2018

Firstly its rather strange to see the comic Robin Williams in this serious, somber feature film such as this. But kudos to the actor for branching out. The Night Listener is an eerie, occasionally disturbing motion picture focused on the differences between perception and reality. The film exists in the gray area separating drama from psychological thriller, although the mood is in many ways more appropriate to the latter than the former, and it doesn't take much of a stretch to apply the word "noir" to what's on hand. While the story doesn't feature any big twists or surprises, it's a tale of gradual revelations as the layers of skin on the central mystery are peeled back. This film is quite underrated as most people haven't heard of it, even Williams fans. But give it a shot and you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Mar 25, 2018

Very slow and not worth the time it takes to watch.

Very slow and not worth the time it takes to watch.

• Jan 14, 2017

Somewhat unsatisfying movie about a DJ Storyteller who starts a friendship with a 14 year old boy, but then recieves clues that the boy may not who he seems. Robin Williams is good in what is given, Toni Collette is always great, but the story they're given just sort of drags without any sight of a conclusion. And it doesn;t end with a bang, but with a whimperish thud.

• Mar 13, 2016

Scene after scene that wouldn't make any sense if you haven't read the book. And strange departures from the book that aren't necessary.

• Feb 18, 2016

So he's even more messed up than her. ok but not all that entertaining sadly.

So he's even more messed up than her. ok but not all that entertaining sadly.

• Oct 19, 2015

An interesting and very atmospheric film with two of my favorite actors--Robin Williams and Toni Collette.

• Sep 16, 2015

Murky,muddled thriller that waste two top talents on this pure drivel of a thriller.

• Christian C Super Reviewer
    Oct 18, 2014

A creepy and unsettling film. Robin Williams' performance was excellently suited to the character in this suspense film. I only wish we could have seen more of Sandra Oh.

• Sep 04, 2014