The Northerners Reviews

• Oct 19, 2015

Around the same time of , there was this one from the Netherlands.

Around the same time of , there was this one from the Netherlands.

• Nov 16, 2014

A dark comedy that's both fun and quite tension filled. Not everything is clear or explained, but it doesn't need to be. I felt his latest film, "Borgman" was a whole lot weirder, but this got it's moments too. It got a butcher like "De Grønne Slagtere" or "Delicatessen" and a fairy tale-theme included like a Grimm story. This imaginative film is surrealistic and bizarre. Not especially graphic but some scenes may seem a bit raw for some people. The mentioned butcher is one of the many main characters, and I like them all a whole lot. His wife, his kid, the flashing girl, the police man and the postman to name a few. They are all great. And oh, the scooter guy, he's super cool. 8 out of 10 screaming girls on bikes.

• Dec 12, 2013

Fantastic film! Beautiful to look at, great performances and the oddest set to behold! Loved it.

• Jan 28, 2013

If you are in the mood for something different, this would be a good choice. Definitely not your typical comedy.

• Mar 22, 2011

"Jagertje, maak me dan een kindje."

"Jagertje, maak me dan een kindje."

• Apr 24, 2010

Delightfully weird shit. The scene with the moving statue is one of the best things i have ever seen on a movie screen - inspired.

• Feb 03, 2010

i should have given this movie a higher rating - for this is one of those dark, half-cynical/ half-humanist, slow and witty comedies i usually enormously enjoy. but, as it turns out, one has to be in a right mood to fully appreciate them. will probably try to re-watch this one in the future, though

• Jan 19, 2010

Hoping for this to get released on DVD soon!!!

Hoping for this to get released on DVD soon!!!

• Mar 26, 2009

Great movie if you like a surreal plot and camera work. Just lay back and let this movie roll over you. One of the best Dutch movies ever.

• Oct 08, 2008

Recently elected as best Dutch movie ever by Dutch film journalists. I agree with that! Set in a typical Dutch landscape which reminds me of my childhood.