The Number 23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Number 23 Reviews

½ February 3, 2016
The number 23 is such a ridiculous and stupid horror thriller that's built entirely upon it's constant dark tone, silly emphasis on the titular number and the will to break star Jim Carrey's comedic image in such a forced and torpid way that one should feel less thrilled and more frustrated or snickering at it's absurdity.
½ January 31, 2016
In the top ten of worst movies I have ever seen. The acting is laughable. The plot is nonsense.Cringe worthy performances. Avoid at all costs.
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 5, 2015
This movie was a mess with the plot all over the place and most of the time not making any sens. However I felt that Jim Carrey was good in his role and that's the only good thing about this movie.
October 13, 2015
Interesting concept poor execution.
½ October 8, 2015
This wasn't the best thriller, but it doesn't deserve as low of a score as 8%. It was well written, and though 'the numbers don't add up' it was well executed to keep you guessing throughout and a generally satisfying ending.
October 5, 2015
Fue interesante para mi ver a Jim Carrey en un rol serio.
Robert B.
October 5, 2015
It was difficult to tell if the Number 23 was an intentional joke or no. After the first hour I thought it was intentional spoof of the genre and came off as odd, but mildly interesting on account of the oddness. Then the film appears to become more serious as a mystery / thriller before making a strange turn at the end. If it was some intended cleverness, it was too clever for me, and if not then it was not clever enough.
October 5, 2015
This is one I'm sure Carrey wishes we'd forget.
August 27, 2015
It's supposed to creep you out, but it's awkward if anything.
½ August 10, 2015
I.... I don't know what to say. I really don't. I wanted to give this no stars, but then I couldn't have my say. I guess I can just issue a warning. Unless u live to have ur eyes bleed, avoid this movie. I tried to watch it. And then Jim Carey was in....... a love scene, and I wanted to slam my head into a wall. I turned off the movie immediately, but not fast enough. If it were possible pull a towel thru my ears, to scrub my brain in an attempt induce memory loss, I would. I couldn't even get to the plot. Who cares! No one should ever purposely see Jim Carey naked, and certainly not in a sex scene. Kill me now!
½ August 9, 2015
It surprised me and I have to say I rather enjoyed it
August 8, 2015
This film is terrible, I will not mince my words about, while there were some interesting visuals, the directing was generally awful, the script became preposterous which led to it's quite frankly preposterous twist ending, and the acting all round was not particularly noteworthy.

One to watch on late night television if there's nothing on, and one for Jim Carrey fans only.
August 2, 2015
An eerie concept with an incoherent and selective script. The Number 23 is a flat, discombobulated thriller with Jim Carrey at his lowest. The film's hysteria with the number and twist (which was the only plus) is more-so annoying as it is frightening. 1/5
July 9, 2015
Pretentious, clumsy and for some reason stars Jim Carrey, Number 23 reminds us that Joel Schumacher should not be allowed within 50 feet of a camera.
July 6, 2015
Predictable ending but unique acting by Jim Carry.
½ June 13, 2015
I was warned about this movie and didn't listen. For the record, Gail you were right and I'm a dumbass. The film was god awful. It is interesting in places but if I have to hear one more person add numbers together to equal 23 I'm gonna strangle them. Maybe that's why the number drives people crazy cause people who are obsessed with it are annoying. Oh, and Jim Carrey. I liked you in The Mask and Dumb and Dumber so I'm gonna give you a tip: Stick to comedy. You're not sexy and I never want to see you naked again. Oh! and you're not a badass either so wash your freakin hair already and go back to talking out of your butt.
½ June 7, 2015
Jim Carrey does his best here but the story looses it's intrigue by a cliche twist
May 17, 2015
I thought that this was rather good tbh! I enjoy any serious role with Jim Carrey in so this was no exception. The plot is somewhat reminiscent of Secret Window (another good movie but not sure which came first) so that alone intrigued me when I read the synopsis. Definitely worth a watch.