The Numbers Station - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Numbers Station Reviews

½ November 17, 2014
I kind of expected it to be more like the TV show Numbers, but was more action, which was good.
September 23, 2014
They should replot the story like this: Emerson did not cancel the code for killing his own boss, instead he assigned it to himself. Then he asked his boss to let them go but the boss changed his mind after 10 days as he promised so Emerson exucuted his task by killing the boss and happy ever after with Catherine : )
August 29, 2014
The Numbers Station is a cheap and predictable thriller that works only because of its two leading cast members: John Cusack and Malin Akerman. I say SKIP IT!!!
August 25, 2014
The numbers station see a CIA agent given one last job to look after a code operator in a secret location in England. Soon the station comes under threat and he must protect the girl from being killed and decide if he should listen to the operator or go on his instinct. If the codes get into the wrong hands a number of people will face being executed.
August 12, 2014
Buena actuacion de John Cusack y Malin Akerman. Las Estaciones de Numeros seran Ciertas, algo q la CIA usara? Me encanto el tema de eso en este Filme.
½ July 10, 2014
1.5 Stars for Cusack and 1 Star for Akerman. Did not like the movie that much
May 9, 2014
I quite enjoyed this John Cusack action movie about a secret station that gets used to send codes to killers that gets attacked.
Malin Akerman was good as well.
½ April 29, 2014
An intelligent, fresh and high-octane edge of your seat thriller that's laced with explosive action and character development. A sharp and well-crafted movie with gripping performances. John Cusack and Malin Akerman are right on the money, have have engaging chemistry and give strong and rather soulful performances. Cusack hits all the right notes and shines. Akerman is charismatic and gives plenty of heart to her role. Liam Cunningham is terrific. Director, Kasper Barfoed keeps the films pace moving good and it keeps your attention firmly on the main characters in isolated locations to give a more claustrophobic feel. An explosively entertaining action-packed thrill-ride
½ April 21, 2014
Standard suspense thriller. Nothing flashy, good for mindless watchability.
½ March 28, 2014
Essentially a poor man's version of Grosse Pointe Blank!
March 22, 2014
I watched it on netflix and I finished it, so it can't be that bad...
March 14, 2014
Mostly agree with the other critics , not very interesting or entertaining
February 25, 2014
The enemy never feels threatening, a major problem for a movie that revolves around an enemy.

The basic premise (compromised code station) is promising, but everything about The Numbers Station feels sub. Sub-par. Sub-effort. Sub-budget. Nothing clicks enough to become engaging.

As a stream on Netflix it works fine enough to burn some time and consume some popcorn, but don't expect anything more.
½ February 16, 2014
Decent CIA mystery. A little drawn out in parts. Overall, it was ok.
½ February 3, 2014
A movie to forget with predictable plot and quite under the average performances from Cusack and Akerman.
January 11, 2014
great stuff. in my eyes, original situation... good flick to watch over and over
½ January 9, 2014
A good concept for a story, but this film isn't that good. You, guys can skip this one.
½ January 5, 2014
Cussacks shit it's shit full stop
½ January 5, 2014
good performances - a little slow perhaps
December 23, 2013
Mediocre at best. John Cusack is right at the top of my personal A list and his fans deserve better. He's not desperate for roles or money, so why take lame stuff like this? I don't get it. Still, it had its merits, although very few and far between. Extra half star just for being a Cusack film.