The Nutcracker and the Four Realms Reviews

• Aug 02, 2019

Disney failed pretty hard on this one. Mackenzie Foy is a wonderful young actress with a bright future ahead of her she was without question the best part of this movie and she totally outshined every other actor in the film and she looks absolutely stunning. the costume and set design are breathtaking and a lot of effort where clearly put into them. I really liked the bond between clara and her father it was portrayed beautifully. I also really enjoyed the character of Phillip he was delightful. unfortunately the movie has many issues and nothing that really makes up for it. the first act of the movie is extremely slow and boring and the third act feels completely rushed. the movie has many strange and weird scenes that make no sense and are not needed in the film. Kiera Knightley gives a pretty bad performance and I didn't like her character at all. the movie is a waste of time and I will not be watching it again.

• Jul 30, 2019

I must admit. The Nutcracker has outstanding special effects. But it's overall a typical Disney movie. I.E. our female lead has just lost her mother. She is feuding with her father and runs off. She discovers a new world once ruled by her mother and now she must use clues from her mother's past to help defeat the evil. It's typical.

• Jul 18, 2019

It was multiple levels of cheesy and simple. I liked some of the visuals, but...yikes.

• Jul 18, 2019

I knew this movie was out, but I totally forgot about it. When I did finally see it, I wasn't all that impressed. It just felt like "Alice in Wonderland" but in another "Land". It was a beautiful film, though it was lacking in many ways. It was hard to really connect to the characters and the different realms. I was making a squinty face during most of the it, waiting to really get into the story. The best part for me was the scene with the ballet, of which was too short. There should have been more dancing for a story that it essentially told through dance.

• Jul 15, 2019

Like a childhood wonderland this movie was intriguing and also sad from the start. It brought back memories of Wizard of Oz meets Alice in Wonderland and a door way to Narnia.

• Jul 12, 2019

A visually stunning film with a fine cast and some interesting ideas, however, these ideas are explored with little character development, a vague and underwhelming amount of information given to us about this world, and not enough reason or time for us to care about anything that is happening. The twists are predictable, the themes foggy at best, and the climax feeling rushed and leaving more questions then answers. Ultimately, the potential of this dark and fantastical take on a classic story can be glimpsed but is disappointedly missed with forgettable results. Disney needs to place more focus and emphasis on their original story telling, as they can't seem to sparkle our imaginations outside their tried and true Pixar, Marvel, Animations, and live action reimaginations. Which for me, is a true shame.

• Jul 10, 2019

Visuals were cool but the story was bland and extremely uninteresting. This one might have benefitted sticking more to the source material?

• Jul 04, 2019

Surprisingly one of the worst movies ever made by Disney. I was expecting so much more from a Nutcracker-inspired film. It's bizarre and doesn't carry any Disney or holiday magic. (First and only viewing - 6/24/2019)

• Jul 03, 2019

The Nutcracker and The Four Realms was visually pleasing but lacked character development and substance. It also did not portray any form of strong character conflict and strong likable characters that the audience could relate to. The protagonist somehow had the answer to everything, without even having to prove some sense of worthiness. Lack of actual characters? Mother Gingers side of the story? Like I said, it was a visually pleasing film but lacked substance.

• Jul 03, 2019

Nutcracker? More like Nutbuster. This movie is absolute utter shit, I never seen a movie with a ballet sequence that rarely has any dance sequences or a villain that is just annoying from ear to ear. There is even one scene that scared me a little and that was Ginger's army of clowns, they are fucking hideous to even look at. This review has a question for Disney: "Why did you spend this much money into making the worst Christmas movie this year? Just why?" And that is my review for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.