The Odd Life of Timothy Green - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Odd Life of Timothy Green Reviews

August 15, 2015
I don't understand the "professional" critics. This movie can be resumed like this: Magical and simple, Odd but touching, nice character development and story telling. Most of time people and "professional" critics complain because studios make all the time the same formula, and when they try something a little different they just reject a movie and call it sharply odd.
August 10, 2015
This film tries so hard to pull at your heartstrings, but they miss the strings and accidentally hit your heart in the process. In a bad way.
½ July 21, 2015
Liked the story, nicely done.
July 19, 2015
I gave this movie a C
July 9, 2015
Watched it as a kid...the writers and directors were probably on something to give this a go
½ June 18, 2015
You'll never look at falling leaves the same way again.
June 11, 2015
This is odd indeed. A little bit too sweet to me. So sweet it will give you a toothache
½ May 31, 2015
A respectable effort to bring magic into the lives of a couple who can't conceive children after exhausting all medical efforts. They write down what their dream child would be like, bury the papers in a box in the garden, and wake up to a young boy grown from their dreams in the morning. A bit sappy, but overall a family friendly movie about expectations and the happiness ans disappointments they bring.
½ May 28, 2015
A bit bizarre, but heartwarming, whimsical, touching, tear inducing and somewhat adorable. Watch it as a fairytale, take it for what it is...and I suppose, it is also a lesson on how to be a good parent, besides many other things that can be taken away from this movie.
½ May 24, 2015
'Odd Life of Timothy Green' is a quirky and sweet story of how hard is can be for some to become parents, and how much harder it is for most to parent.
May 16, 2015
loved it. it was soooooooooooo cute
May 3, 2015
It was a cute film about two parents telling the story of Timothy and getting ready to adopt a kid.
May 3, 2015
"What would you do differently?" "Make better mistakes." This was an actual exchange of dialogue in this movie. A movie about learning how to be better parents actually featured this exchange of dialogue. This is just the cherry on top of this bullsh*t salad filled with incompetent people and stupid scenarios that make no sense.
½ April 11, 2015
Maybe the worst movie I've ever seen.
½ April 5, 2015
This is a truly inspiring and beautiful movie. As with most Disney films, it opens with a heartbreaking story, one which genuinely made me wonder whether I should keep watching. But I'm glad I did, as this movie was stunning. The plot is rich and admirable and the general appearance of the movie is great. There are some lovely touches throughout and at the end, you walk away thinking about the message to the movie.
March 30, 2015
Found it very entertaining throughout highly recommend.
March 20, 2015
An exercise in syrupy sap, The Odd Life of Timothy Green is a movie I watched on cable for the sole purpose of a cheer-me-up film with Jennifer Gardner. Instead, I felt gross watching it. It's weirdly creepy and lives up the title "Odd".
March 7, 2015
It supposedly tries to pull you in with the dramatic premise and the sad life of Timothy Green, but in reality there isn't any kind of life in this movie.
½ March 2, 2015
Timothy green isn't without sweetness and charm, but it's thin script and cloying sentimentality make it difficult for all but sensitive people.
January 15, 2015
This movie is about the struggles some families face when they find they cannot have children. It doesn't freaking matter if it doesn't make any sense, this is movie displays the hard truth that not all couple are fortunate enough to be able to start a family and they experience many heartbreaks along the way. Finding out you can't have children...that would break my heart. And this movie...this movie is absolutely heartbreaking and touching...and may inspire some people to adopt. I was adopted and I have a feeling this touched the hearts of many adoptive parents and children because we understood the deeper meaning behind this movie unlike you heartless critics.