The Order Reviews

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Aug 25, 2019

Oof. Kind of feels like the pitch meeting for this one basically went "So I was just reading about the idea of this 'Sin Eater' thing on Wikipedia the other day, it actually sounds really interesting, I'm super keen to put it in a movie!" "Oh great, so what's the story gonna be?" "I'm sorry the what?" "The story. You can't just say you're gonna put a Sin Eater in 'a movie' you have to like... Actually make the movie that it goes in. What's the movie gonna be about?" "...Oh no." "I mean it'll probably be fine." "Right? It'll probably be fine."

• Aug 20, 2019

I really enjoyed this film despite all the negative reviews etc and the completely messed up and downright bad promotion. It was billed as a serial killer murder mystery but the real genius of this film is the way the myth of the sin eater is handled, and how cleverly it is done that heath ledger comes into playing that role. The idea that the church is corrupt and that even the sin eater, who is meant to offer damned souls such as suicides, entry into heaven avoiding the politics and red tape of the church, has also become corrupted, is a refreshingly realistic and honest portrayal of the state of religion in general. Watch this movie because it is something different and is well written, its slow moving but it does a good job of developing background and story and the actual plot points etc all work if you simply remember what happens from the start. Great little film very underrated and another great heath ledger performance

• Mar 13, 2019

Actually really good waiting on next season

Actually really good waiting on next season

• Jul 14, 2018

Dreadful horror film with Heath Ledger playing a priest (!).

Dreadful horror film with Heath Ledger playing a priest (!).

• Jun 17, 2018

i like it, seems most didnt. It wasnt box office hit, but overall i thought it was a new idea (which is hard to find these days) had some holes in story but overall i thought it was worth my time

• Mar 27, 2018

Aside from the Texas-sized pool of trash lingering out in the ocean, this movie is STILL the biggest piece of trash mankind has ever seen.

• Jun 17, 2017

Overwrought and hooey-ish concept of the Roman Catholic Church and the hereafter with elements of Highlander thrown in. A lot of blah-blah-blahing, none of which made any sense. And most of the acting, especially Ledger, was just wooden. Pass on this one.

• Jun 29, 2015

Rather silly thriller that Ledger tries hard to elevate but the script will not let him.

• Mar 09, 2014

Decent movie. Some ok scares, so-so visuals, subpar plot and execution, with decent performances, Ledger's being the best.

• Jan 10, 2014

I rather wanted to like this as I'm quite fond of the cast. Heath Ledger and Mark Addy are always fun to watch (correction: usually fun to watch) as is Peter Weller (has he ever not played a villain apart from in that movie where we only see his chin?). However, it is objectively bad in every way. There is no sense of atmosphere or unease throughout, the plot is nonsensical, the characters equally so, and the revelationsâ?¦ kinda underwhelming. Heath Ledger plays the lead so laid back that he might as well have just slept through it. I still don't get what happened in much of the film, but unlike in a good film I'm not sure the writer/director did either. This is the sort of movie that has a guy murdered in front of two priests only for them to walk outside and ignore what they just witnessed. And do you think they even asked who the guy was? Nope! They throw in some supernatural stuff here and there, like some demonic children, but they only use them for cheap thrills that invariably fall flat. Heath's character seemed so indifferent when he was under attack I found it hard to care. And then he was magically saved by cgi for some reason. Also, this supernatural stuff hinting at the rise of an anti-Christ? It comes to nothing. In fact, there is no reason for those hints to be in there at all. Not a one. Sure that might be deceptive, but good luck getting your money back guys.