The Oscar Nominated Short Films: Animation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Oscar Nominated Short Films: Animation Reviews

½ February 27, 2014
One better than the other!
February 17, 2013
Not really worth it. Paperman, Disney's short, was especially trite.
March 8, 2012
absolutely loved them! They reinvigorated my love of cinema.
February 24, 2012
My prediction is that The Flying Book of Mr Morris Lessmore will win Oscar, though La Luner has more factors of Hollywood. Let's see in Sunday.
February 19, 2012
loved all of them really, except the aussie. especially loved the books, pixar and the canadiana! ;)
½ February 19, 2012
Something different to see and totally worth the money. Very creative and talented work.
February 16, 2012
These are the worst animations I've ever seen. Unacceptable.
½ February 15, 2012
The ONLY reason I give it 3.5 is because of the Oscars, in general, it's a 3-. It will be fun to see if we picked the Oscar winner or not.
½ March 11, 2011
Much better than I expected, "The Gruffalo" by far leads the list for me, while winner "The Lost Thing" is second, followed by non-nominee "URS".
March 1, 2011
Great films. "Let's Pollute" probably doesn't deserve to be there. "The Lost Thing" and "Day & Night" are definitely the strongest. "The Cow that wanted to be a Hamburger" is shown in this group and should have been nominated.
February 26, 2011
Not many other options for us today.
½ February 25, 2011
Madagascar, A Journey Diary: Has the best animation.
The Gruffalo: Cute, but nothing new.
Let's Pollute: Too one note, lucky to be nominated.
The Lost Thing: Bizarrely good.
Day & Night: Awesome Pixar short everyone has seen.
Urs: Should have been nominated.
The Cow That Wanted to Be a Hamburger: Fun.
½ February 24, 2011
Nice collection. Urs (included but not nominated) was my favorite.
February 23, 2011
Excellent year for the Shorts!
February 22, 2011
I watched these on video on demand this afternoon... some thoughts..

Madagascar is a very bizarre film.. a bit too long and hard to follow but contains some original animation work that is quite impressive.

Gruffalo had pretty professional animation but was too long and a bit typical.

Let's Pollute was amusing and the only one that didnt begin to bore me... but the animation was kindof crude.

Lost Thing was .... interesting...

This collection also included two films that werent nominated... Urs.. which I didnt get at all and the "Cow that Wanted to be a Hamburger" which was just weird...

The on demand set did not include Pixar's Day & Night.. but I had previously seen that one in theatres when it aired with Toy Story 3... probably the most polished film of the bunch.
½ February 22, 2011
This was fun wish the cow who wanted to be a burger was nominated... It was my fav!!!
February 21, 2011
My favorite was The Lost Thing, but they were all really wonderful.
½ February 21, 2011
Some really great Oscar nominated animation short films this year. Even the Honorable Mentions are worth seeing.
February 21, 2011
The Gruffalo was well made and entertaining and Day and Night was ok but the others were just so so and actually somewhat depressing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to spend the money on a ticket unless you're a die-hard animation fan. Just not worth the $$ or time.
½ February 20, 2011
Hands down, the best animated short was "The Lost Thing." Creative and weird, its truly original and deserves a full length feature. Also, "Lets Pollute" was a scathing satire on American consumerism. All of these were wonderful shorts and deserve to win!