The Osiris Child: Science Fiction Volume One Reviews

• Dec 10, 2019

Well written characters and solid acting throughout should have made Australian science fiction actioner The Osiris Child much better than it is. Sadly, the nonlinear story structure is jarring and the effects/costumes on the monster beasties is laughably poor. The creature design has been underdeveloped, leaving them looking like a genetically engineered sweet potato. A film based around terrifying creatures running amok needs to have terrifying creatures, not cheap puppets that look like Muppet Show rejects. Unfortunate. Enjoyable, but packed with too many disappointed sighs and eye rolling moments to recommend.

• Dec 02, 2019

Ending and lame monsters were a let down to an otherwise good flick.

Ending and lame monsters were a let down to an otherwise good flick.

• Oct 25, 2019

This movie tries too hard.

This movie tries too hard.

• Aug 26, 2019

Rich science fiction

Rich science fiction

• Apr 19, 2019

It looks like you're going to get a soap opera mis-sold as sci-fi. Happily, instead you're given a basic but reasonable space opera. It's low budget, and hardly ground breaking science fiction, but it does avoid the levels of dumbness that usually prevail in this genre. It is a bit violent and gory though.

• Apr 14, 2019

Exciting Syfy film! Much better than I expected.

Exciting Syfy film! Much better than I expected.

• Feb 21, 2019

Excellent science fiction movie and this is from someone who rarely likes indie films.

• Feb 08, 2019

I love this movie! A great storyline combined with great effects, believable characters, and anticipation for a sequel. I'm surprised and impressed by this movie.

• Nov 22, 2018

Much better than I expected and I really hope we get a volume 2. Great indi sci fi

• Nov 08, 2018

This is the worst movie I have seen in a very long time. Badly written script, story line that has been done terribly and the most ridiculous 'alien' ever created. Daniel MacPherson does his best with what he is given script wise, not much, and Isabel Lucas is at her usual 'D' grade acting level (How this actress gets any work is beyond me, just awful). Half a star for the ok CGI effects, I have a feeling some Aussie's called in a few favors for that. 99 minutes of my life i won't get back, actively trying to erase this one from my memory .. lol ..