The Other Side of the Bed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Other Side of the Bed Reviews

January 10, 2016
Such a funny, sexy comedy. Outstanding movie. Rent it and you won't be disappointed. Great music
June 4, 2015
No character arcs, no closure. Everyone ends up where they were, and there is no motivation to better themselves. How did this get made?
½ July 9, 2014
Esta peli es un poquito loco, un comedia casi como un musical que incluye una variedad de canciones temáticos españoles incluyendo "Salta" por Tequila y "Las Chicas Son Guerreras" de Coz, pero cantadas por los actores principales de la peli con números de baile con la gente extra de las escenas. Trata de unos amigos (Pedro y Javier) y sus novias respectivas (Paula y Sonia). Cuando Paula se rompe con Pedro, es porque está saliendo-ligando con Javier, quien miente a su novia Sonia diciéndole que le quiere. Después de intentar arreglarse una cita a el Pedro con una chica del trabajo (Pilar), Pedro empieza a ligar con Sonia mientras que Javier y Paula se alejan y el primero piensa que su novia Sonia está ligando con una amiga lesbiana. Todo la peli es bastante rídiculo, pero habla mucho de las curiosidades entre los parejas supuestamente monógamos en un mundo tan complejo y complicado.
½ December 9, 2012
The dialogues in this movie, mainly those payed for San Juan, are memorable and brilliant. the best ones from spanish cinema. It's unecessary the musical part but in spite of this it's a great movie and deserves to be seen.
½ May 14, 2012
Quite funny, but a bit too long & corny.
½ March 8, 2012
I've seen this before, but it was a while ago... and I enjoyed it all over again. I do love musicals, though, especially musicals where the whole cast sings like "normal" people rather than trained singers.
May 27, 2011
A solid movie all around and a sometimes real look at how confusing relationships can be at times. I was not crazy about some of the song lyrics, but that could have been the subtitles talking and maybe not a good translation.
April 3, 2011
with a cover like that, was rather certain the flick'd turn out a dud. surprise, surprise!
high on entertainment, silly-funny factor. not for snobs who need every film to be 'serious, art films'. there were some easy-on-the-eyes spanish actresses in here too.
½ February 12, 2011
A light-hearted sexy comedy that offers plenty to laugh at. The sing-and-dance numbers are hilarious despite their cheesiness. I wish there were more Spanish movies like this!
August 22, 2010
This was a very funny movie and I love it. Its a great off the radar movie thas a must see.
deano
May 19, 2010
This is the fascinating Spanish sexy romantic comedy... with a musical twist.
Sparklingly clever and funny, this is a relationships comedy in an almost opera bouffe style with a measured dose of slapstick. Music - songs with funny lyrics (I'm happy it shows in English subtitles) - and sprightly choreography more than highlight the story. Spanish director Emilio Martinez-Lazaro creatively uses song and dance to bridge narrative portions, summarise a fast shifting plot-line and bring the viewer along in what otherwise would, however good the acting, be a fairly conventional and oft-told story of couples checking out their best friends in the sack.
Natalia Verbeke and Paz Vegas are really delicious and attractive for the men's eyes with their perfect bodies and breasts and beautiful faces.
May 19, 2010
This is the fascinating Spanish sexy romantic comedy... with a musical twist.
January 31, 2010
comedia musical Española... pero sexy !!!
December 25, 2009
fun-ny! For the story I did not expect much, but after five minutes I was caught - the spanish did it again with their movies!
December 19, 2009
A delightful Spanish musical full of beautiful women and intersected relationships. Love stories about lies, sex, bisexual suppositions, friendship and finding the right person. Paz Vega is amazing, beautiful as a muse from a garden of roses in heaven. It is an exciting and entertaining movie to watch with your girlfriend and get a couple of laughs about infidelity.
December 16, 2009
A very refreshing and witty Spanish rom-com. It is also a well-scripted comedy of errors. And a musical. It might be too much for some, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.
½ December 11, 2009
Por momentos simpática, por momentos ridícula.
Lo que más vale la pena es Paz Vega de quien yo estoy profundamente enamorado.
¡Zaz!
½ December 10, 2009
divertido pero nada especial
½ November 27, 2009
Si on ne rejète pas totalement les comédies musicale, il est vraiment pas mal. Et puis Toldeo reste un bon acteur!
November 21, 2009
I watched this in Spain and thought it was insane, lots and lots of sex, the music is ehh, but It was a good culture experience.