The Ottoman Lieutenant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ottoman Lieutenant Reviews

August 14, 2017
A great cast and a captivating story.
½ August 6, 2017
This was so falsified I couldn't even relate to it. Pure BS. Did the maker of the film even know history when he wrote it? I will never support his movies again. You need to do some homework before u make a movie. You will never become someone by making false movies about the past.
August 5, 2017
I thought this was a good movie!
August 4, 2017
From neutral POV unlike the movie "The Promise" this movie depicts the horrors of the WWI in the east of Ottoman Empire pretty well. Great movie to watch for anyone who has an interest in Ottoman Empire history.
August 3, 2017
Finally a movie shed a light to dark history of the WWI eastern Anatolia. Russian invasion and armenian minority who lived in harmony turns against to motherland.
½ August 2, 2017
Unbelievably weak attempt to whitewash history. Not recommend.
July 26, 2017
For the very first time, WWI eastern frontiers is filmed without any national or religious fanaticism.
July 26, 2017
This movie is a complete falsification of the history. Before you watch this movie it's important to watch The Promise (2016) in order to know the true story of the savage Turks in Ottoman empire and how they slaughtered the innocent Armenian citizens (natives) during the WWI.
I always knew that Joseph Ruben (director) never had a good movie but now I know that he is a total disgrace and needs to be sued for whitewashing the Genocide. Somebody needs to spit on Joseph Rubens face for this movie.
½ July 25, 2017
this movie doesn't even address the 1.5 million Armenians the Ottoman Turks like the officer in this movie where busy killing instead of fighting the War...while the young Male Armenians where sent in mass to the Front to do their duty...believing that the Ottoman Government was going to be honorable...and I'm 100% sure this completely leaves out the Jew Zion connection to the Young Turks movement and the treaty that was to transfer Armenia to the Zion movement so they could create their Jew State...so yeah, there was a big reason to kill those Armenian Christian...1st they where Christian and you know what Jews and Muslims think of Christians...and 2nd The land needed to be clear for the Jew State.....lets not even talk about Anatolia (750,000 Killings of the Christians Greek population)... this movie is 100% bullshit right from the start if it doesn't even cover this atrocities.?
½ June 5, 2017
Pathetic movie built on lies not even worth half a star.
May 20, 2017
great, a true picture of WW1
May 20, 2017
Michiel Huisman has absolutely outdone himself with this film; it had me entranced from the start. Beautifully shot, amazing casting and the time and effort put into the making of this film really shone through. I feel the costumers deserve an Oscar nomination for this one - everything was spot on which for a period drama is almost impossible:) Flawless casting and great character development leads the viewer through the story; this film will bring out emotions and provoke thought. I loved the perspective of the film; it is an exceptional sensitive retelling of an historical story from both perspectives and I think this is one of the absolute highlights of this film.

See it - you won't be disappointed! Take the tissues though...
May 10, 2017
I loved The Ottoman Lieutenant, had a smile on my face the entire time. Don't miss it.
May 9, 2017
Good movie with great cast.
May 9, 2017
How odious is that to see some people spew their fabrication repeating all over again on memorized and kaleidoscopic(on numbers) 30 years old sentences instead of examining.the work.I just pity that sordid people.
May 8, 2017
It's a real scenario. Great acting and perfect visual effects.
½ April 27, 2017
Terribly directed movie and story line. Do NOT waste your time and money!!!!!!!!
½ April 26, 2017
Movie was so bad, can't remember seeing something this slow and boring...
½ April 25, 2017
this movie is trash and really stupid; save yourself time and money and don't see it
April 25, 2017