The Owl and the Pussycat Reviews

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Jan 14, 2020

"There are eight million stories in the naked city, and this is just one of them." Or, boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl again, in this personality-fueled riff on the old opposites attracting motif. It manages to rise above "cute" every now and again, but not enough to really recommend it. It's nice to recall The Big Apple of the early 70s though, the world before cellphones. Not bad.

• May 29, 2019

Unbelievable and really bad.

Unbelievable and really bad.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Nov 29, 2016

The Owl and the Pussycat is a decent film. It is about a stuffy author who entered into an explosive relationship with his neighbor. Barbra Streisand and George Segal give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Herbert Ross did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor.

• Apr 09, 2016

Character comedy. I wanted more plot but for practically the whole movie we have the two stars sparring. Unfortunately, we learn very little of their lives to make them more interesting as opposites. For fans of the two stars only, but it's not their best work.

• Dec 05, 2015

didn't see those one. go BABZ yall!

didn't see those one. go BABZ yall!

• Sep 19, 2015

Streisand is very convincing as a street walker who seeks to better herself. George Segal as the aspiring novelist cum book store clerk and her putative Henry Higgins less so. Classic 60s sexy risque kitsch attempting to shock a middle class audience and humanise sex workers

• Apr 11, 2015

Late 1960's "adult comedy" that works. Streisand and Segal spark and the film features some of the most hilarious lines of that era. These two actors have never been funnier. And though this film is dated, it still works like a charm. Even Non-Streisand films will likely enjoy it.

• Nov 20, 2013

By the time the Streisand stopped shrieking, and my head stopped pounding, the credits started to roll, so I didn't have a chance to enjoy the film or its characters.

• Dec 26, 2012

Babs Is overwhemlingly obnoxious, and It takes the whole fun out of this goofy romp, with her loud brashness, becoming hard on the ears after the first 10 minutes, inducing a huge headache.