The Pale Door Reviews

• Jan 10, 2021

One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

• Jan 08, 2021

I got through maybe 10 minutes and could no longer take the terrible acting. The gunfight scene in the street was laughable. I wish there were negative stars. DO NOT WATCH.

• Jan 04, 2021

Su historia es simploncilla, pero podria funcionar, sobretodo porque tiene un reparto que está bastante bien para el nivel de la película. Lástima que el diseño de producción sea un completo desastre. Entiendo que hacer una película realista en el oeste americano no debe de ser muy barato, pero si los spaguetti western conseguían casi hacerlo en los 60s y 70s... Al final lo que queda es un subproducto que podria haber estado muchísimo mejor, sobretodo a nivel visual...

• Jan 03, 2021

Straight off the bat I found that this film lacked something. Although I was pleasantly surprised about it being a Western, a Western style horror, that's definitely a new concept to me; or perhaps I am just uncultured. So I will definitely give it that on terms of uniqueness. I think this film had a lot of potential but it's only got there by the tip of a finger. My first though was what the hell is happening right now? Who are they? Why are they there? The beginning of the film you see a small boy in his bed, scared of the thunder and lightening which is normal, so not far fetched, not a trope. His big brother comforts him and promises 'big brother magic' with a small bandana wrapped around the boys neck for protection given to him by his sibling. We then hear horses hooves and suddenly the dad bursts through the door and says 'they're here'. The sad thing is, we never find out who 'they' are and why 'they' are there other than the parents who were one shot killed at the end of this scene. No explanation, just.. here today gone tonight. C'est la vie. I won't ruin the rest of the story for you but what I will say is that the film was just far too predictable bordering on cringe to be fair. There was no sense of unique design to the burned witches, it reminded me an awful lot of the witches in the adaptation of Roald Dahls book, 'The Witches' that burned, crusty, pointy nose cliché. Perhaps it was to be slapstick, pehaps it's a film that has the intention of being so bad that its somehow unexplainably good? But its a no from me. I just find that the storyline was just too simple. Up until they found the girl in the box it was seriously interesting but after that it just fell apart like a ice cream you were too busy gawping to notice it melting away and falling splat on the floor. However there was some good points, for example Devin Druid from '13 Reason's Why' played the main part of Jake, now that was sort of a hook for me as he has this sort of original dweeb look that's really rather compelling and it works for him. He plays the innocent, socially awkward teen really well, but we all age over time so it will definitely be interesting to see where his career takes him. He, as far as i'm concerned alongside Stan Shaw and Zachary Knighton was this films only saving grace. There is so much left unexplained in this film that it's almost like ordering a pizza, waiting on it arriving and finding that it has the toppings you asked for but not the cheese. or the stuffed crust. (this has actually happened to me before, no lie) you spend your time disappointed and angry that you waited all that time for the whole package and all you got was a slimy pepperoni and you sit there confused as to why some of the most important ingredients are missing. Overall I can say this film was 96 minutes of my life i'm not getting back and that's a waste.

• Jan 02, 2021

idk; i couldn't finish it. didn't hold my attention at all - i couldn't even tell you what happened during the part that i did watch. but the audience reviews aren't bad... may or may not try to watch this again at a later date.

• Dec 20, 2020

Really awfully put together. Not enough made of the story and just badly acted. Shameful.

• Sep 26, 2020

The premise had promise but the movie failed to live up to it. Poor pacing, chaotic action, and some seriously hackneyed dialog made the 90 minute runtime seem longer. There were a few cool moments but not enough to overcome the flaws. I'm

• Sep 21, 2020

It's just really badly done. The acting [sic] is utterly lame. Should have guessed it would be bad when I realised I didn't know a single cast member ?

• Sep 19, 2020

Definitely a second rate horror film, a kind of low budget mix of From Dusk Till Dawn and Suspiria. What makes me give this 3.5 and not 2.5 is the special FX/Makeup and music are all top notch. Big budget films would do a lot better using real make up and not CGI, this is the way to do it

• Sep 17, 2020

I was intrigued by the begging of the trailer. However, once I watched half way I got uninterested, the witches were ok, but the whole transformation phase was not executed as nicely it would had been, the switch from western to puritanism era, cause more confusion that it help this movie. Really sad poor plot twist, it could've been better.