Panic Button - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Panic Button Reviews

½ March 14, 2013
Best British horror film in a very long time
March 13, 2013
Something different for a change , good one ...only a bit strange ending !
½ March 7, 2013
Boring! Saw about 20 min
½ February 4, 2013
Enjoyably twisted little thriller.
½ February 2, 2013
Four unsuspecting members of the All2gether social networking site board a plane headed for New York, where they must survive several revealing rounds of trivia if they hope to win big cash and prizes upon their arrival. Each new question uncovers another dark secret that the contestants have been hiding in their virtual lives, and the failure to answer correctly has deadly consequences for their online friends! PANIC BUTTON is a perfectly-timed strike against modern technology that exposes the risks and vulnerabilities of living life in the public eye. While the characters and events are extremely exaggerated, the underlying message regarding personal privacy serves as a harsh wake-up call for internet users. What begins as an intense psychological thriller unfortunately trails off into a bland struggle for survive that follows the blueprint laid out in SAW. For Horror on a budget, however, PANIC BUTTON packs enough violence and suspense to earn itself a passing grade.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
December 19, 2012
I tried to persevere with this gratingly irritating flight in the hope that the characters would all meet a suitably brutal end, but the film is just too bad to stick with for that long.
November 25, 2012
Idea aika hyva ja lupaavalta vaikuttikin mutta toteutus olisi voinut olla toisenlainen.
½ November 2, 2012
Better than most stuff that actually get a cinematic release
½ October 20, 2012
Good right up until the end, then it took a steaming caca...
½ October 8, 2012
Not the most original concept, having the same idea as the saw series, but chilling none the less.
Makes you think about your Internet activity and how all your information is available online.
It's actually a horrible story in the way that makes the film, and it leaves the viewer shocked. The acting got a little ropy in some scenes, but the majority of it was believable esp as you wish that one of the characters doesn't find her daughter!
½ October 3, 2012
Terrible terrible terrible!
September 18, 2012
I really don't understand why this film is getting such a hard time...I found it thoroughly enjoyable and different to other thrillers. Admittedly it is a little slow to start with but once the ball gets rolling, the thrill is consistent. It's nothing like Saw...yes, it uses a form of torture amongst the victims but these are more fearful as they are realistic and believable. It is clearly a low budget film but they have done amazingly well with what they have got to work with...the cast also give a very good performance. I recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a creepy, torture thriller. The twist is also very good at the end...very clever. The whole film makes you think about your past and how much you would sacrifice to save the people you love.
September 18, 2012
I will watch this to the end, but I have a ton of questions already... how were the "winners" selected? Clearly "Alligator" needed time to gather the data on them; if they were selected at random he would run the risk of them having no dark secrets, otherwise he'd have had to trawl through every entrant's profile to find the ones with the best dirt. Then there's the logistics of involving their friends - were they pre-selected, or did he have potentially thousands of accomplices ready to act in various locations around the world if selected randomly? Why do it anyway? What does he hope to achieve from it all? It's a rather elaborate set up just to expose a small group of otherwise normal people's personal habits and less than socially acceptable habits to one another, and when things suddenly turn darker, the whole thing starts to make no sense... it's definitely an intriguing concept, but this execution of it is bordering on preposterous.

Film over... OK, so my question about motive was answered, and some regarding method were too, but by the end we had crossed the line into utterly preposterous, with a hint of Fritzel. I still think there's mileage in the general idea of a social network themed horror film, but it needs to be - literally - more down to earth than this was.
September 9, 2012
Fairly well-plotted film that attempts to scare you about social networking and its dangers. Good ending, mind. Not amazing. But good. Fundamentally, it's Saw on an aeroplane. You know those sort of films. Very addictive.
September 7, 2012
Four people who win a competition are supposedly on a plane to new York only for them to discover dark secrets about each other. Crap.
August 25, 2012
The film was different in a good way. It wasnt the most intense experience but it did get the heart pumping a little faster...
August 24, 2012
One of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!
½ August 17, 2012
Was pretty good for a thriller set in one room.
August 16, 2012
A very under rated British thriller - enjoyed it.
½ August 15, 2012
Saw meet Hostel at 30,000 feet! Freaky!