The Peanut Butter Falcon Reviews

• Dec 24, 2019

An extremely important film with respect to representation for people with disabilities. Zack gets to be a full human with a wealth and depth of life experience just like any one of us without a disability. He is not reduced to a trope, nor is his disability ignored. In fact, this film has a very important question to ask of all caregivers, family members, and friends of people with disabilities: "What if your care is doing more harm than good? What if your helping is actually hurting and stifling?" The film does an excellent job wrestling with this question. Beyond that, the performances from the entire ensemble deserve major kudos (especially Zack Gottsagen and Shia LaBeouf)! For a first-time indie film, the team did an incredible job. I especially loved the score and cinematography. Everything was so grounded, so real. I felt I was in actual familiar places. My main qualms is that the film ends quite abruptly and I felt could have said more of what it was trying to say. Perhaps budgetary constraints? Regardless, I would definitely recommend this! A great under the radar flick from this year.

• Donna B

Completely loved the movie!! Very meaningful and emotional

Completely loved the movie!! Very meaningful and emotional

• Martha H
    Nov 01, 2019

Great story. Made me laugh and cry. I loved it.

Great story. Made me laugh and cry. I loved it.

• Gail G
    Nov 01, 2019

Nice sweet movie about an autistic boy living his life outside the nursing home he'd been put in. Zack Gottsagen( the boy) and Shia LaBeouf were great. Funny but at the same time it makes you think about how we treat people with special needs.

• F. Wild
    Oct 27, 2019

What an amazing coming of age story. Loved the story telling and the plot. But most of all the characters were perfect. I don't understand why this movie didn't have a wider release.

• Jan
    Oct 25, 2019

It was wonderful!! I thought it needed to show in the theaters longer originally. So glad it came back!

• Caroline
    Oct 24, 2019

Great character studies

Great character studies

• Carey
    Oct 15, 2019

It was so inspiring! Loved how it empowered all people to be their best and be there for others.