The Philly Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Philly Kid Reviews

½ July 8, 2015
5.3/10
I watched this movie for the MMA element and cameos from fighters like Shawn Jordan because I'm an MMA nut. With that being said, it's a low budget flick and most of the movie is rough, including the acting, plot, sound effects etc. I doubt id watch if again, but hey, I got through it once so it could have been a lot worse.
½ April 11, 2015
The dialogue was terrible. It was almost entertaining in a guy's night in way, but ultimately it sucked.
December 9, 2014
The Philly Kid has nothing new to offer. The same wrestler story fighting for the cash.
December 9, 2014
Like most movies of its genre this one doesn't stand out in any way
March 30, 2014
Awesome fight scenes
December 30, 2012
Yeah It Was Ok. Little Bit Rushed Storyline At The Start, Really The Films Rushed. I Thought Wes Chatham Was A Good Actor, Storyline Was A Bit Crap Other Than That, Its Worth A Watch.
½ December 17, 2012
I just finished watching this flick it started off with a bang quite a bit of action in the first 10mins of the movie to setup the rest of the movie.
Basically this guy gets put in jail for the wrong reasons does 10 years comes out and meets up with his friend that is up in his arm pits full of debt etc... Basically he has to fight to get his friend out of debt and for his own survival too as he becomes a target of one of the cops that threw him into jail. Basically this poor kid was the piggy in the middle. The sport in the movie 10 years ago would have revolved around boxing with the nickname The Philly Kid in the year 2012 its MMA if your a fan of MMA UFC and all things Octagon then you will enjoy this movie it has elements like the movie Warrior.
I enjoyed the movie maybe not for the ladies though a little too much tomato sauce used in the movie.
December 7, 2012
Love underdog movies, smdh at po po
October 22, 2012
Nice movie for those like MMA fights. Garanteed Entertainment.
October 16, 2012
GLADIATORS en vf. Et hop, un DTV NRJ12 de plus...
½ September 26, 2012
It's hard not to compare this to 2011's 'Warrior' but the differences are all too obvious...'The Philly Kid' is a low budget production with minimal character development and a lead with no stage presence whatsoever, so you just won't care.
½ July 25, 2012
If you liked the warrior then you will like this
June 6, 2012
The makers of the movie have no idea what a guillotine choke is. There was a Can Opener neck crank, they called it a guillotine. Then there was a Kata Gatame, or an Arm Triangle choke, again, they called it a guillotine.
½ June 6, 2012
Enjoyed this flick!If you like Fighting movies watch this!
May 24, 2012
I will be reviewing all the After Dark Action Movies first of all...
The Philly Kid shows that you don't need a A List cast to make a great movie. This is a true gem to rent and a must see for action movie fans.. Its the 2012 version of the Blood Sport or KickBoxer.
Also that kid from the classic Idle Hands is in it looking very old now.
This is the second best installment of the After Dark Action series which by the way have been great.
3 Stars out of 4
May 22, 2012
I want to see this film
April 16, 2012
Looks like it's gonna give MMA an even worse name...