The Pickup Game Reviews

• Dec 31, 2020

Sleazy, but it's almost a must-see for men. With a greater than 50 percent divorce rate, every man needs to see just what a horrible risk it is to walk down the aisle in marriage. According to this compelling documentary, women are really stupid, just waiting from some skilled communicator to come along on any given day to get them into bed.

• Jul 24, 2020

I'm no film critic but I honestly believe 20 years from now when this documentary has become the cult hit I'm sure it will be people are going to look at this movie and realize that it does something almost entirely unique in documentaries today - it leaves space for the viewer to make their own mind up. I watched it (twice) with two different groups of friends and on both occasions each person had a different interpretation of what they had seen. Almost like when you're looking at clouds in the sky and making shapes out of them. Everybody sees something different. Likewise everyone's reaction to this film was different. Sure, this film contains the usual devices to help create atmosphere and move the story along (music, the way it's cut, etc) but that's kind of a given. What it does do, which is actually incredibly rare, is give the audience that little bit of space they need to bring their own interpretation to it. If you research reviews for the film you will find a huge range of reactions from outrage that the film even exists to shock at what goes on to gratitude at the people that made the movie for putting it together. Almost no other film that I know of sparks such a huge range of opinions. It's almost like the film becomes what you bring to it in many ways. Watch it. With friends!

• Jul 22, 2020

A film where I spent the whole time thinking, "How did they get THAT on camera?!" An incredible movie. And much deeper than you would think given the subject matter.