The Pirates! Band of Misfits - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pirates! Band of Misfits Reviews

½ September 26, 2017
hugh grant is brilliant as the pirate captain, the film isn't exactly a kids flick which is excellent, meaning adults we find a lot here as well. the animation is mostly cgi but the stop motion like the wallace and gromit film is a welcome departure from the usual cg kids film. the jokes are very funny and the cast are all on the money, a sequel wouldn't be the worst thing to come out of this.
if you go in expecting a kids film then you'll be very surprised, there is so much to like here even if it falls a little flat towards the end.

Just caught this again and my rating remains unchanged, great little film that has a lot of character and story. I'm a little shocked that this film isn't rated higher by the audience but not much I can do about that. The cast plays well together and it's a shame we won't see a sequel to this at any stage. 25-09-2017.
½ July 22, 2017
Whenever i think of a movie i hate the most this one always comes to the top of the list.
June 26, 2017
I love this movie! Yes, it has a weak story, but I found myself really enjoying it since it had great animation, good humor, and characters I could never forget. I don't like it as much as Wallace & Gromit, Arthur Christmas, and/or Flushed Away, but I like this more than Chicken Run, and not to say that Chicken Run was bad, it's just not one of my favorites.
June 18, 2017
Filmes de animação tentam acomodar crianças e adultos lado a lado como espectadores, geralmente tendem a ter uma historia mais simples do que na maioria dos filmes, mas este, parece ainda mais simples do que o habitual. Embora o filme em si é bastante agradável, é a história que acaba tornando-se não particularmente memorável. Novamente, isso não quer dizer que o filme é ruim, apenas que não é particularmente interessante, o que fará com que a atenção de muitas pessoas comecem a vagar durante sua execução, quando deveria ser um filme emocionante sobre piratas.
½ May 9, 2017
Aardmans best movie yet
½ March 30, 2017
Hilarious over the top story with adventures that subtly and less subtly refers to real life story and characters. Very good animations with beautiful graphics. Silly and smart. Funny extras.
½ February 15, 2017
Pirates band of misfits is pretty good, it's not great but it's pretty solid
January 22, 2017
Very funny with likeable characters. Fun takes on historical figures and awesome animation, as usual. I loved it.
January 5, 2017
That Aardman continues to produce wonderfully crafted animations can only be considered a good thing.
January 1, 2017
Not a bad movie, and it has some laughs along the way.
½ October 8, 2016
This movie is so wonderfully strange and funny. Might be my favorite Aardman.
September 28, 2016
Cute, adventurous, funny and clever -- without being too cute, adventurous, funny or clever. The animation is delightful and the voice acting is well-done (for the most part), with particularly appealing performances by Imelda Staunton (Queen Victoria) and Hugh Grant (The Pirate Captain). It's a fun family film with something to enjoy for everyone.
½ September 3, 2016
Pirates! is a fixture in the field of stop motion cinema. With alltogether nice visuals, heavy dose of adventure and rapid fire gags, this movie is a treasure chest of captivating fun.
½ August 6, 2016
I see, Every Aardman film has good reviews, but i don't know why, The population to this is 60%, Nobody in my class liked it but i didn't see it with them, I saw it with my dad!
He thought it was rubbish, Even Staring at a barbie doll for 88 Min. would be a better animated movie than this.

Score: 0.5/10

Yes It's That Bad!
July 28, 2016
One of the best stop motion movies ever
July 17, 2016
The Pirates! Band of Misfits is directed by Peter Lord, and it stars Hugh Grant, Martin Freeman, and David Tennant in an Aardman Studio film about a Pirate Captain and his crew not getting the respect from the public, and they think that winning the Pirate of the Year award will help gain the respect. I'm always excited for a stop-motion films because you don't get to see them often in theaters. There's only Aardman Studios and Laika, but they take their time to finish a film, which is like a few years. So with this film, I can say that The Pirates! Band of Misfits is a lot of fun to watch. The voice actors really for their roles pretty good, and even if there's not much that you can do with high animation in terms of the setting, the animation still looks really good that I had no idea that some of the effects were CG. The characters are memorable, the villain is menacing enough that you just really want to see this character go down, and the action scenes are really well done, which I can imagine is difficult and time consuming to do with stop-motion. The humor is really funny, and I have not quite seen something like this in a pirate film that's quite inventively odd. The Pirates! Band of Misfits is a fantastic film that Aardman Studios has done it again.
½ July 17, 2016
A funny and very silly animated feature from Aardman Animation. The impressive voice cast includes Hugh Grant as The Pirate Captain, David Tennant as Charles Darwin, and Imelda Staunton as Queen Victoria.
½ July 17, 2016
this movie have to much action was this movie in 3d
June 28, 2016
"Spamalot funny" - truly engaging, w many historical refs & truly effortless funny gags & gaffs - adults will appreciate all the efforts made on their behalf.
Just the witty first 30 mins will tell you how great this movie is.
My friend growing up did several stop-motion movies, and proves this to be brilliantly smooth & artistic - by taking hilarious potshots at history and culture.
I did a redbox rental - no need for the 3D, so I've heard, tho I love 3D.
To compare, I saw Hotel Transylvania in 3D - the effect was totally unnecessary, and not much fun for adults, unless you have somehow Never seen a movie in 3D..
Band of Misfits hits each note just right and hits the funnybone just as well.
Enjoy this one!