The Pirates! Band of Misfits - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pirates! Band of Misfits Reviews

October 11, 2016
Aardmans best movie yet
½ October 8, 2016
This movie is so wonderfully strange and funny. Might be my favorite Aardman.
September 28, 2016
Cute, adventurous, funny and clever -- without being too cute, adventurous, funny or clever. The animation is delightful and the voice acting is well-done (for the most part), with particularly appealing performances by Imelda Staunton (Queen Victoria) and Hugh Grant (The Pirate Captain). It's a fun family film with something to enjoy for everyone.
½ September 3, 2016
Pirates! is a fixture in the field of stop motion cinema. With alltogether nice visuals, heavy dose of adventure and rapid fire gags, this movie is a treasure chest of captivating fun.
½ August 6, 2016
I see, Every Aardman film has good reviews, but i don't know why, The population to this is 60%, Nobody in my class liked it but i didn't see it with them, I saw it with my dad!
He thought it was rubbish, Even Staring at a barbie doll for 88 Min. would be a better animated movie than this.

Score: 0.5/10

Yes It's That Bad!
July 28, 2016
One of the best stop motion movies ever
July 17, 2016
The Pirates! Band of Misfits is directed by Peter Lord, and it stars Hugh Grant, Martin Freeman, and David Tennant in an Aardman Studio film about a Pirate Captain and his crew not getting the respect from the public, and they think that winning the Pirate of the Year award will help gain the respect. I'm always excited for a stop-motion films because you don't get to see them often in theaters. There's only Aardman Studios and Laika, but they take their time to finish a film, which is like a few years. So with this film, I can say that The Pirates! Band of Misfits is a lot of fun to watch. The voice actors really for their roles pretty good, and even if there's not much that you can do with high animation in terms of the setting, the animation still looks really good that I had no idea that some of the effects were CG. The characters are memorable, the villain is menacing enough that you just really want to see this character go down, and the action scenes are really well done, which I can imagine is difficult and time consuming to do with stop-motion. The humor is really funny, and I have not quite seen something like this in a pirate film that's quite inventively odd. The Pirates! Band of Misfits is a fantastic film that Aardman Studios has done it again.
½ July 17, 2016
A funny and very silly animated feature from Aardman Animation. The impressive voice cast includes Hugh Grant as The Pirate Captain, David Tennant as Charles Darwin, and Imelda Staunton as Queen Victoria.
½ July 17, 2016
this movie have to much action was this movie in 3d
June 28, 2016
"Spamalot funny" - truly engaging, w many historical refs & truly effortless funny gags & gaffs - adults will appreciate all the efforts made on their behalf.
Just the witty first 30 mins will tell you how great this movie is.
My friend growing up did several stop-motion movies, and proves this to be brilliantly smooth & artistic - by taking hilarious potshots at history and culture.
I did a redbox rental - no need for the 3D, so I've heard, tho I love 3D.
To compare, I saw Hotel Transylvania in 3D - the effect was totally unnecessary, and not much fun for adults, unless you have somehow Never seen a movie in 3D..
Band of Misfits hits each note just right and hits the funnybone just as well.
Enjoy this one!

5 will shivered timbers our of 5
½ June 21, 2016
The Pirates band of misfits is a fun adventure for the entire family.
June 10, 2016
Great movie! Great plot, great villain, and great voice acting! My favorite animated movie ever!!!
½ April 23, 2016
The Pirates! Band of Misfits isn't one of Aardman's best owing to an excessive use of action, some questionable score choices and a disappointing second half, but the film is still such a solid, fun and charming flick with a great adventurous tone to it and such a good humor as well. The characters aren't particularly memorable, but are still so likable and the animation is the standout with some gorgeous imagery and a great attention to detail. It isn't great, but is quite solid and enjoyable nevertheless.
January 14, 2016
Children's animated feature which is tailored more for the under 5s
January 6, 2016
An amusing but irregular stop-motion animation (with a useless 3D) that has many intelligent and really well-inspired scenes but also moments of pedestrian humor that make the movie look as silly as, say, an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
December 28, 2015
Aika lapsellinen pätkä, ei juurikaan naurattanut. Juoni ei ollut ihan perinteistä merirosvokamaa, vaan pyöri pitkälti myös tiedemaailmassa ja harvinaisen (sukupuuttoon itse asiassa jo kuolleen) dodo-linnun ympärillä. Hauskinta ei ollutkaan juoni, vaan 1800-luvun Lontoo, sekä "aidot" historialliset henkilöt, kuten Charles Darwin, kuningatar Victoria ja Jane Austen. En katsoisi toista kertaa.
November 12, 2015
Great animation funny and good story
½ October 29, 2015
The history is so wrong you would think it was made in America.
½ October 27, 2015
Pretty good movie for little kids. Its funny and has pirates. Who doesn't love pirates?