The Plagues of Breslau (Plagi Breslau) Reviews

• Feb 25, 2021

The fascinating part of this movie is seeing how the Polish police and government are portrayed, and how the criminal justice process in Poland operates. The plot of the movies is not particularly novel or nuanced, and the pacing of the movie seems to have outpaced the actual timing imposed by the killer. A killing is supposed to happen at 6:00 p.m. every day, yet there is very little progression from day to night to the next day. The movie need better editing, or a less stringent time table. Still, the pacing maintained the interest in the movie and kept it from stalling.

• Feb 07, 2021

I haven't watched a movie with this bad writing, acting and storytelling. Any 10 year old that watched once a murder story would come up with better movie. Don't waste your time, it's so bad and illogical it isn't even funny.

• Jan 28, 2021

It had all the ingredients for a great sinister movie. But it lacked nuances, the first half of the movie had a good pace, the second half tumbled off in a rollercoaster. It lacked depth and buildup. Also the main detective story and character was very cliché.

• Jul 06, 2020

Cat and mouse chase where the cat ends up being the bird watching the cat who was really a mouse. I can admit I didn't see the twists coming even though I had questions about the certain someone who suddenly appeared. The acting was so raw that I let it slide just to see what would happen next. Love a good police crime series. Appreciated how it got all the things in within a good amount of episodes. I think it kept the tension high and the urgency to find out the outcome. Would definitely recommend to another police crime enthusiast.

• Jul 02, 2020

It really reminded me of se7en, but with more interesting political commentary and a fairly suprising end. I found the lead cop a very complex and interesting character.

• May 31, 2020

Tras la senda de Seven En la bella ciudad polaca de Breslavia comienzan a sucederse una serie de asesinatos seriales, investigados por una arrasada detective a quien luego se le suma una especialista en crímenes de ese tipo. Un poco a la manera de Seven y todas sus derivadas, con asesinatos con mensajes inscriptos en los cuerpos y los escenarios, esta película cumple su cometido si aceptamos las convenciones de un subgénero basado en lo rebuscado de sus puestas en escena y en la diabólica capacidad del asesino para llevarlas a cabo. Por otra parte, necesariamente en este caso, no se escatiman al espectador imágenes de gran crudeza y oportunos toques de un seco humor. Se agradece la concisión de este filme moderno y bien filmado, que incluye un interesante giro y que en otras manos se habría convertido en una miniserie un tanto estirada.

• May 08, 2020

As I've said before, Polish drama just can't hit the mark and this is no exception. Implausible from the word go. It's Se7en minus a good six and a half. The lead actress is no Lizbet Sallander by any stretch of the imagination. The rest of the cast are mere crash test dummies. It's awful.

• May 05, 2020

New concept with 2nd half much better. It was ok!

New concept with 2nd half much better. It was ok!

• Apr 30, 2020

First of all, I know some countries like doing the dubbing of the voices. I do not. Leave it in their native language and use captions. The movie story line was good. The acting by some was not too good. The horses racing through the street was almost laughable like a Mack Sennett movie.

• Apr 29, 2020

Film a tratti godibile anche se gli spunti originali sono veramente pochi. Le piaghe, il killer che uccide i disonesti, il poliziotto in crisi mistica.. troppi chichè. Mezzo punto in meno per il lieto fine del poliziotto che si risveglia.