The Platform (El Hoyo) Reviews

• 21h ago

Fantastic! The kind of horror that isn't gruesome but leaves that pit in your stomach that you can't shake. Human nature.

• 3d ago

The amount of intrigue, metaphor, and shocking horror that comes from the first 2 acts of The Platform is astounding. It is nothing short of gripping in its premise: the life of horror an occupant of this dystopian prison lives and the motives of those who constructed it. It does, however, have some trouble sticking its landing. The metaphor of the ending is more or less clear, but it doesn't feel as significant as I hoped it would. Nevertheless, this is some good and freaky stuff.

• 5d ago

Haunting, smart, keeps you thinking for weeks. Highly recommend!

Haunting, smart, keeps you thinking for weeks. Highly recommend!

• 5d ago

Horrid film, just horrid. Who's the target audience? Sadists?

Horrid film, just horrid. Who's the target audience? Sadists?

• Jan 18, 2021

Worst movie ever! I hated every minute of this movie. If I could rate it a 0 I would!

• Jan 17, 2021

A film that explores questions around individualism, wealth distribution and revolution through the means of a great story that engages you from start to finish. Great casting, dialog and well executed all around

• Jan 16, 2021

This movie absolutely sucked. My biggest regret in life is clicking the play button for it. I cannot believe that it has an audience rating of 72%. That is just a lie. Please do not put yourself through the torture of watching this. It is so f***ing slow. I wish I was the people at the last level so I could die instead of watching this. If I could rate it a zero, I would. But sadly that is not an option. This movie is rotten.

• Jan 14, 2021

This movie will churn your stomach and make you sick. A masterclass in human greed and tribalism

• Jan 13, 2021

Not super special plot ending, but I liked the movie atmosphere and I enjoyed watching it. I would recommend this if you like dystopic scifi movies.

• Jan 12, 2021

Cruel, thought-provoking and not good to have some Snacks along, but a good watch overall.