The Possession of Hannah Grace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Possession of Hannah Grace Reviews

½ March 19, 2019
predictable, drawn out and not worth your money or time.
½ March 18, 2019
I loved this. This was unique and fun to watch.
½ March 14, 2019
this felt competently made in a lot of ways. felt more like a good movie than a mindless horror flick. yet it still sucked. so many dumb moments, so many questionable parts. and worst of all, it's super boring and barely scary. lots of cliches and some really bad editing. i had to rewatch a couple scenes in slow motion to confirm if it was that bad, and yes, it was. (1 viewing)
½ March 14, 2019
It's not a horror masterpiece, and it's quite forgettable, but Shay Mitchell's performance and some jump scares are enough to make this movie worthy of its 1.5 hours run.
March 11, 2019
Horrible, the trailer was scarier than the movie. Just loop that and watch on repeat. The actual film will just anger you with it's insult to your intelligence!
March 9, 2019
The Possession of Hannah Grace wastes a promising premise that has a lot of potentials to become great as it chose to dwell on genre cliches that, to their credit, they did put some effort to present these cliches in a new way but fails to establish evenness and solidity. Shay Mitchell does her best to keep the film at bay with her good performance but even her cannot save the film from drowning to tiresome formulaic horror.
March 5, 2019
Some very intense scares in this movie, was surprised to see a good deal of them. Though, some of the scares seemed a bit stereotypical, and ultimately the film sort of fell flat as result. Still, if you want to get scared and grossed out, this is the film for you.
½ March 3, 2019
Meh. As far as horrors go, there was very little scare to account for in this movie.
March 1, 2019
Great horror flick! A little different than all the rest.
½ March 1, 2019
Hannah Grace has a pretty name. An evocative one at that if one considers the biblical analogy to the fall from grace. While the title has it all, religion (at long last) is attributed no lion's share in this low-budget horror-comedy. Instead of attaining its desired effect, Hannah's shoulder-cracking rehabilitation as she regains energy after each heinous murder only calls attention to the importance of taking a short break (no pun intended) during work to release our spinal tensions. Also, the film relays an important environmental message: do not leave the lights on, because it consumes too much energy. The film's flickering neon lights in the morgue (where the whole shooting takes place) help the viewer stay awake just before he or she would bob down his head to dream up a better world of nightmarish scenes. Clumsy security guards, a frenzied father, rude receptionist, and the invincible Joan of Arc people the land of the immortal demon that ends up in the furnace as a well-kneaded loaf of bread. All in all, it is next to impossible to draw a conclusion after watching the movie (attentively, as I always do), except for the fact that the Korean optical company must have done a very good job advertising its preternaturally colored blue lens used on Hannah's evil eyes.
February 28, 2019
The plot wasn't good and it was just an overall dumb show
½ February 27, 2019
Fairly creepy horror flick which has a few effective jump scares. But I didn't feel it was ever truly frightening, perhaps because the shocks were too telegraphed. Overall, I've seen worse.
½ February 24, 2019
The Possession of Hannah Grace tries to be an outside the box movie primarily in the hospital morgue. It felt promising in the beginning but starts feeling draggy when it shifts into Megan's personal life (addictions, cop guilt, relationship) and takes up too much plot time which ends up being irrelevent to most of the main story aka hannah grace. Not horrible but not great. Could have been more creative with Hanah Graces objective and actions + given more time to that character. It tries to not be just another cliche posession movie. But comes off as very underwhelming for excitement. Maybe i just watch too many horrors. The makers had the right ideas but just did not put it together well . Just give this posession thing a break for a bit hollywood.
February 23, 2019
Here is a truly creepy story that would've made a brilliant horror movie, but it never does more than offer hints as to what it could've been. The Possession of Hannah Grace is a decent demon-possession movie and it offers a few good moments but it's a shame it doesn't try harder. There's plenty of potential to delve deeper into the story instead of keeping it confined between the walls of the morgue and deliver some bone-chilling scares that viewers will need time to shake off.
February 22, 2019
A dreary horror thriller, without any of those pesky thrills.
February 20, 2019
jump-scares, you can see them coming a mile away,this movie is a popcorn movie if no great one on the theater , easily forgettable
February 20, 2019
I really enjoyed this movie. I'm a big fan of Shay Mitchell and I think she did a really great job. I really liked the setting of this movie. It was interesting to see the morgue and how it looks like. The overall story was great in my opinion it was a good horror movie with a lot of good jump scares and the suspension was also very scary and there was a lot of it... I really enjoyed it and I recommend it to anyone who likes a good horror movie... Very well done. ^_^
½ February 20, 2019
Complete trash. Do not see
February 19, 2019
It was a great movie ! You should watch it I really enjoyed it .
February 19, 2019
It kept me entertained. After a while I watched something that didn't make me cringe every turn. It has got all horror vibes. I liked the actors the most.