The Possession of Hannah Grace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Possession of Hannah Grace Reviews

½ December 15, 2018
This Movie seemed like it was more about Megan than it was about Hannah Grace. I also felt that every other Possession movie was copied to make this movie
December 14, 2018
can't give zero stars or I would have. don't waste your money!!
December 12, 2018
I came here, read the reviews, and was expecting it to suck. It didn't. I would give it a solid B. Not super scary but it was creepy, had good pacing, and the movie looked really good (It was shot on the Sony A7sii a consumer camera). All-in-all it was a decent little horror movie. Not the best but certainly not the worst.
½ December 12, 2018
Most of the film is shot in near total darkness. Camp Crystal Lake had better lighting than this hospital. The only thing not predictable about the ending is how abrupt it is. More jump scares than a film ought to have.
December 12, 2018
One of the worst movies I have ever watched. Way too predictable.
½ December 10, 2018
This may very well be the WORST film ever made! Never have I ever hated a movie so much.
½ December 10, 2018
The Possession of Hannah Grace is by no means a must-see, but I found it to be a decent time-waster.

The movie has a nice sense of direction. The beginning, where main character Megan gets a job working the night shift in the morgue in the basement of a city hospital, is especially well-done. Major exposition and the workings of the hospital is introduced in a quick and natural manner.

The hospital in this is appropriately creepy, a blend of grey concrete blended with cold, sterile white floors.

The possessed body of Hannah Grace is an affective monster. She avoids being being a generic zombie/possesed person by having a distinctive look being partially slashed and burned. Heck she's scary when she's just lying still before she's even doing anything. (I'm actually disappointed they didn't stick with the film's original title of The Cadaver). Contortionist Kirby Johnson really kills it as Hannah, not only in her freaky movements but also in her malevolent facial expressions.

Despite the praise I've just given, there is one big issue wit the film: the second act is just too slow and could've been cut down, which is disappointing given how fluidly it started. The problem is that they have one too many victims and spend a little too much time introducing them and building up to the kills.
½ December 10, 2018
An abrupt ending ruined an otherwise mediocre movie that had a heavily recycled script, was short on scares and was loaded with plot holes.
½ December 10, 2018
With nowhere else to be, nothing else to do, I went to see this movie by myself. Less than half way through, as a grown adult who lives with his mother, and again, had nothing else to do, I sincerely considered getting up and walking out. But instead I sat through to the abrupt ending. Of all the things I regret in life, this is high on the list. Dont waste your money and time like I did - time that, again, had no other use in the moment.
½ December 10, 2018
Super creepy but rather predictable. A decent plot with some great effects. Not a bad "horror night" flick, just not anything terribly noteworthy.
½ December 10, 2018
One of the worst movie I've ever seen.
½ December 9, 2018
The worst.. . Just terrible and disappointing
½ December 8, 2018
One of the most predictable and clich´┐ 1/2 (C) movies I have ever seen. And Hannah Grace? Does that sound like Emily Rose at all to you?
December 8, 2018
It's a good movie but it fails to give the creeps. I mean, Hanna looks more like a Resident Evil boss rather than a possesed person. Some scenes are predictable. Dont get me wrong, its an enjoyable movie, but if you are looking to get scared, look for something else........
Put me to sleep except when It showed a possessed person for 10 minutes
½ December 8, 2018
i have no idea how the leadin actress got the role - she is terrible. the movie itself is so boring. there are minutes and minutes of literaly nothing going on - andeverything you hate about horror movies is in this movie - the hero doesnt understan whats going on when everybody who is watching allready knows - very very cheap jump scares - terrible cgi - and when its time to get gore - nothing - just some stupid rubbish that makes the victim float in the air like jesus for a minute and thats it - without a sbout - the worst horror movie i have seen in the last decade.
December 7, 2018
Possession of Hannah Grace is another example of how the horror movie industry has no original concepts left anymore. Wait for it to come out on Redbox. It's not worth the price of admission
½ December 6, 2018
Hot garbage. Ripping out your own catheter would be more entertaining than this drivel they are trying to pass off as entertainment
½ December 5, 2018
Save yourself. The only thing haunting about this movie is the fact it makes you lose time from your life to listen to an awful script, witness pathetic acting, and try to make sense of an absurd plot.
December 5, 2018
Would definitely watch it again! Endless jump scares!!