The Purge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Purge Reviews

May 21, 2016
A Good Cast And Ambitious Plot Helps The Purge Get It's Slow, Rather Tedious Pacing.
½ May 20, 2016
What a waste of time... not entertaining AT ALL!!! Not encouraged to watch the new one this summer!
May 15, 2016
It is very intelligent for typical horror movie watchers, but as someone who almost only watched good horror movies, I can tell you that this isn't as good as some say.
May 10, 2013
Terrifying but interesting and sometimes funny
May 8, 2016
Lost its identity, but a fun movie.
March 30, 2016
A fantastic and intriguing premise gets squandered by too many hands in the kitchen and not sure what to do with a golden idea besides rush it into theaters.
April 24, 2016
Anyone tries to kill me during Purge, i'd get em the next day. Always thinking outside the box , me.
½ August 1, 2015
This was a great movie in house that is overwhelmed by killers, it was a great thriller
April 21, 2016
Interesting premise and invokes some thought-provoking but inevitably the film unravels into a tired, contrived game of cat and mouse with shallow characters you don't give a damn about. Rather boring and largely forgettable.
½ June 12, 2013
A horrible movie that could have worked if it was a dark comedy. It not only takes itself seriously, but it actually believes people are like this....

This movie is just an insult to everyone's intelligence.
April 11, 2016
I don't know why it got such terrible reviews.... Great concept, great flick.
½ April 9, 2016
No better than expected. Excellently creepy bad guys. No explanation re: why Redshirt saved Cersei.
June 6, 2013
A great premise is somewhat sadly mistreated in this movie. That's not to say it was terrible and not at least worth a rental down the road. However with crime only being completely legal for one day with no real explanation as to why and not much diving into the moral aspect of actions taken and their resulting effects, it leaves you wondering about the remaining 364 days of the year.
½ March 18, 2016
Could've been great with a premise, and cast like that
½ March 16, 2016
Worst movie ever. Waste of my time. Everything was stupid about it. Predictable and retarted. Hated it. Would give it zero stars if possible.
March 9, 2016
Boring, exactly want you thinking will happen happens.
October 27, 2013
27/10/13
03/03/16 - 3 star
March 6, 2016
Count me as one of the few that went in expecting very little but came out very impressed. It has it's fair share of scares via tension and suspense. And it's visually stimulating so your eyes are glued to the screen. Can't ask for much more from this highly diluted and increasingly un-scary genre.
March 4, 2016
The Purge is a disappointing movie. It is about a wealthy family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized. Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey give horrible performances. The script is badly written. James DeMonaco did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
July 15, 2013
Wasted potential and a lot of stupid actions from the characters