The Quest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Quest Reviews

August 2, 2017
A bit rough and not always child-appropriate by today's standards, which probably explains why it's largely forgotten, although the dangerous behaviour and other inappropriateness are what raise it above the ordinary. Dated, but has a lot going for it. Worth seeking out.
March 15, 2014
Decent, interesting little lost 80's kids adventure flick about a kid (E.T's Henry Thomas) who's obsessed with discovering a supposed monster in an outback lake. Saw it when i was a kid and seeing it now it holds up very well, it's warm and enjoyable and, with it's murky underwater scenes, quite creepy as well, it never went to dvd and your average (rare) vhs of the movie goes for close to 100 quid so the best place to view it is on youtube, which has the whole movie in acceptable quality.
May 12, 2013
This was an essential action adventure flick when I was a boy. It scared me and fascinated me at the same time. Very surprised to see it's not out on DVD!
½ April 7, 2013
I was bored even as a kid. Not much seemed to happen.
January 27, 2013
Love this movie as a kid. Still fun now.
August 13, 2011
I loved this movie as a kid and still do, I only wish someone would have the balls to put it to DVD, so my daughters generation and so on can enjoy it.
June 9, 2011
Can anyone put me on a dvd of this movie...I loved this thing.
March 12, 2011
Another one of my favourite teen flicks. I love the character Cory played by a much younger Henry Thomas (E.T.). He reminds me of my step- son Asher.
August 13, 2009
Right up there with The Goonies. Great kids movie.
½ July 7, 2008
This is the worst movie i had ever seen. and the worst ending too. Highly, very, truly unrecommended to watch , a complete wast of time you will just end up saying why did i waste my time watching a movie about nothing
April 11, 2008
Was let down by this film. Not even worthy of being up there with the ultimate Goonies. No wonder why Henry Thomas' career went down the bog.
March 23, 2008
Jesus I haven't seen this in years. Scared the fuck out of me back then.
½ January 26, 2008
great family movie, suspense
½ January 9, 2008
Love this film for two reasons! it was a great kids adventure film, like an Aussie Goonies, Secondly Rachel Friend was in Neighbours at the time i watched this and i had the BIGGEST crush on her (she was called Bronwyn i think) so this used to get lots of viewings from me.
December 10, 2007
Seeing this film as a kid really was like a dream. Surreal and inspiring.
December 8, 2007
ive been trying to remember this film for almost a decade and finally here it is. a long lost memory from childhood of an adventurous kid and a haunted lake, will have to watch this again one day
November 27, 2007
Beautiful Australian movie.
October 23, 2007
This movie scared me when I was little, with the machinery coming up out of the water. Can't find it out on DVD yet. Hopefully soon!
October 15, 2007
Can anyone get hold of this on DVD?!