The Quiet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Quiet Reviews

½ July 12, 2016
Cuthbert and Belle's delicious performances make for this very good sleazy thriller.
½ March 26, 2016
I really enjoyed this one. If you don't over analyze the incest story, The Quiet actually holds it own throughout its entirety. Or it could be just that I'm in love with Elisha Cuthbert so much, I can't see past it. Either way 4 1/2 stars
½ October 9, 2015
This movie want to be erotic but sadly it cannot achieve that standard. Interesting story and hoped for more sexy scenes. Camilla Belle is a deaf mute and her father died. She is adopted by Martin Donovan and Edie Falco whose daughter Elisha Cuthbert don't like. She is a hot cheerleader and her bitchy friend Katy Mixon like Shawn Ashmore. Everyone shun Camilla. Shawn overheard her play piano one day. Camilla wake up to go toilet 1 night and saw Martin getting dirty with Elisha. She feel trap and can't tell anyone. Shawn profess to Camilla he like her. Martin is strict to Elisha and always want her to stay home. 1 day Elisha go home and heard Camilla play the piano and said "Shit" when a string break. She decide to test Camilla by saying she want to kill her father. First time Camilla wait till the time is ripe and break a glass to stop Elisha. She continue to tell Camilla about her plan. After a basketball game, Elisha go home and gonna hanky panky with Martin. While waiting for time, Camilla and Shawn sex in the school gym. She quickly go home before Elisha gonna kill the father with the hot iron. Elisha tell him she is pregnant and need $1000 cash to do secret abortion. Shawn invite Camilla to be his prom date and she decline. Elisha give her a prom dress and hope she will go. Martin found tampon in her bag and confront her fake pregnancy. He stop her going to prom and want to do it. Camilla use the piano string and strangle him to death. Edie saw it and dumb founded. Elisha change into another dress and attend the prom with Camilla. Shawn call out to her and she stop and admit she can hear and talk. It devastated him as he talk about his sexual stories. Elisha and Camilla bury the blood stained prom dress near the river bank. The deaf mute secret is between her late father and she feel safe in this mode. Elisha promise to keep it a secret. When they go home, the cops arrested Edie who admit to the crime. Elisha and Camilla depend on each other from then.
June 7, 2015
This movie shouldn't have left me confused and dumbfounded. This was supposed to be another bad Lifetime movie that somehow found its way into theaters. But they tried to make ART out of artlessness here. It just doesn't work. I feel bad for Camilla Belle, a gorgeous and talented actress who frequently finds herself scraping the bottom of the barrel (as in the worthless remake of "When A Stranger Calls.") This one surprised me. But it's not a pleasant, happy surprise. It's more like finding an old banana peel under your bed type of surprise. Skip this one, because it will leave you with tons of questions but no answers.
½ January 7, 2015
The Quiet is a disappointing film. It is about a young deaf and mute woman who is sent to live with her godparents. Camilla Belle and Elisha Cuthbert give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Jamie Babbit did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ September 14, 2014
It still doesn't quite add up or make any sense whatsoever. The Quiet is a disturbing mess of a movie that should be avoided. (First and only viewing - 9/14/2014)
½ December 10, 2013
Very dark film under great direction by Jamie Babbitt and featuring an excellent performance by Elisha Cuthbert.
½ August 15, 2013
That's so gross, also that story was describing about stupid plot.
June 28, 2013
Good watch. Intriguing but maybe not for everyone.
April 25, 2013
April 14th 2011
April 24th 2013
April 8, 2013
i liked this movie.
it was creepy and entertaining.
and i thought the characters all had a story.
March 7, 2013
camilla belle is a great actress
February 25, 2013
Altogether weird movie...but I'd watch it again.
February 23, 2013
The movie that boost with such power in family interaction and sisterhood status and the motion pic bursts with different type of quietness...
February 1, 2013
pretty disturbing really.
½ January 24, 2013
Okay film, I'm glad the dad got it in the end.!!
½ January 4, 2013
I'm not sure how this got made.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
December 5, 2012
"They say that the truth can set you free, that's a lie. The truth is lies can protect us. Lies keep us safe from the truth."
½ December 2, 2012
It was disturbing. Wasn't that good.