The Rats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rats Reviews

May 2, 2017
That was surprisingly good. Especially for a TV movie. The setup and premise is actually solid and can be quite unnerving if you think about it. The actors are likeable and make it more engaging. The conclusion is pretty stupid and weak though...
½ May 22, 2015
(28%)
An honestly not all that bad TV killer rat horror flick that has nothing to really offer but a mildly entertaining, all be it forgettable sit. The cast of unknowns do a decent job and unlike something like Sharknado this doesn't feel the need to add lots of pointless cameos from stars at the lower end of their career. How scary you find this film depends upon your own opinion of how you happen to find rats, but there's not really anything here to get under one's skin as it's all a bit clean and safe. Overall this never drops down too low in the quality department to overly feel like a waste of time, but this still doesn't really need to be seen by anyone bar those slightly drunk during the wee hours of the night.
March 27, 2015
An okay(ish) TV-movie, that doesn't really scare and is only mildly chilling. Shame its not based on James Herberts superb novel of the same name.
December 19, 2012
Enjoyable for a made for t.v movie. I love killer rat movies but this one does have a very low body count. I just have to say it is worth watching.
September 6, 2012
A creepy rat-fest. I wouldn't have paid money to see it but it was worth the tv time. Not scream and run scary but seeing so many rats jn one place is horrifying enough. If u like creepy crawly movies then The Rats is perfect.
½ July 11, 2011
Pretty good for a tv movie but pretty generic b movie shocker. Mixes elements of jaws, food of the gods and many more to craft its tale of modified lab rats that kick up a fuss! The acting standard but not as bad as other movies of the same ilk and theres the plot twists of the goverment trying to cover the problem up and a perfume as a trigger for the rats chasing people. Takes a while to get going but at such a short running time its not to painfull! Some of the scenes are fun (like a big swimming pool full of rats and a woman falling into them, an attack on a train and some poor guy getting his ear ripped off ) but theres plenty of shots of rats starring into the camera or been thrown onto actors while the actors wriggle about! CGI rats are not that bad to be fair and its quite fun to see what happens. Harmless viewing but maybe only a one view affair.
December 21, 2009
THE RAAS WAS SOMETHING ELSE. MADE ME WANT TO BUY SOME TRAPS. LOL
½ December 11, 2009
This movie made rats very scary.
December 8, 2009
I really had a lot of fun with this movie. I've always loved the look of late 1990's and early 2000's, as it always seems dark and dreary. Although it had really bad special effects it was still fun, and is now shown as an afternoon movie filler.
½ December 3, 2009
this movie was amazing, it was balistic. if you have not watched this movie, human you have got to watch it. its excting.
this movie is the boom, i have never seen so many rats in my life.
September 18, 2009
Watch this movie! It has more rats than you are gonna believe possible. Intense! Nightmares are the source of movies like this, and they cause even more nightmares.
ElCochran90
September 14, 2009
----------------------------- Please save your life; I didn't even find the words for making a comment... :(

23/100
½ August 25, 2009
The Rats is a well made TV B-Movie. It picks some excellent talent to drive this along and leading the way is Madchen Amick. She suits her character so well, you almost believe this is how the actress would live her life. Chase manages to pull off the daughter role without being annoying. I was never cheering on the rats and there were a few scenes that made me shudder. Like Willard, this will have me checking my toilet for a while. It also attempts a bit of a mystery as to why the rats are flocking and commentates on the deceptive nature of politics. I'd still rather watch the remake of Willard, but if this came on TV I doubt I'd change the channel.
July 28, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that madchen amick, m?dchen amick, kim poirier, esperanza alonso, francisco algora, jose caride, elisa moolecherry, daveigh chase, concha gomez conde, vincent spano play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that this is not a scary movie 2 watch but its a freaky movie 2 watch....i think that this is a good freaky/thriller movie 2 watch n its an enjoyable movie
July 27, 2009
The rats themselves were quite impressive, but the story itself was pretty lacklustre - a reflection of the budget no doubt. Did like the 'piss-trail' effect in the department store - that doesnt half stick in the mind!
July 26, 2009
"They're bold... They're breeding... They're hungry... Most of all... They have no fear."

Eww parts of this movie made me shudder. Very cheesy but very entertaining.
½ July 18, 2009
so far the best rat movies that i have seen.... much more real
June 26, 2009
I guess it was ok movie for me
June 21, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ May 15, 2009
At first the film was shaky with camera moves only good with the rats point of view. B moves were displaying their character, but as the actors discussed, a new clarity formed. The romantic tension was very apparent and a good match between two leading roles was well thought out. The rat trainer did a fantastic job, and at some points you truly wonder if the scene was computer animated or real life footage. The plot seemed believable, even though the hillarity of the seriousness reduced to comedy as rats are many a friend to some. Including the explanations was an interesting addition. Good writing, good acting, and good plot gives this ratty film three stars plus a little extra for the rats' eye view:)