The Reagan Show Reviews

• Mar 17, 2018

I enjoyed this. This was part of my childhood. I remember these films very well. It was a confusing time.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Jul 06, 2017

The reliance on archival footage here (as opposed to talking heads) proves the most effective in criticizing Reagan's administration as shallow while still demonstrating the reasons for his popularity. Hearing him say "Make America Great Again" in the 80s is positively bone chilling.

• Jul 05, 2017

Deplorable. The description of the film masks the political hit job that was its real premise. If this was truly about Reagan's masterful communication skills, shouldn't his greatest speeches and discourse have been featured? Rather than sole focus on nuclear weapons and Iran Contra? Such a massive miss and completely misleading.

• Jul 01, 2017

"The Reagan Show" doesn't offer anything earth shattering about the actor turned politician who became President, Ronald Reagan, however the documentary is captivating. Made exclusively with archival footage from news clips, his movies and behind the scenes shots taken by his administration. It's an interesting look into the way the White House cultivated Reagan's image. For me, there's something nostalgic about watching this, but it doesn't break any new ground or give us any insight to a man that many wondered if he was actually up to the job in his latter years. One thing we do know, Reagan would have a hard time getting elected as a Republican in today's world. Final Score: 7.3/10