The Real Dirt on Farmer John Reviews

• Sep 19, 2014

Life-affirming, like the Shadyac documentary I Am. These two films might have saved Robin Williams.

John B Super Reviewer
    Jun 04, 2014

I think it is quite telling that a progressive farmer albeit one who is a bit eccentric is targeted instead of embraced. A lesson in how society deals with new ideas in a not so positive manner.

• May 07, 2014

What is old is new and if this planet is to recuperate from it's "sanity slumber" the younger generation must be taught that the easy, fast way is not always the best way! Mother nature is truly not to be messed with and once some people learn it will be too late. See this wonderful film about a great American family that comes equipped with all the crazy idiosyncrasies that all families have. In this case these quirks only make the real story and goal of this great documentary more fun to discover. See it please and let the little ones join in. They are the future. Ken K,

• Dec 22, 2012

What a great story. I truly admire this person.

What a great story. I truly admire this person.

• Jun 04, 2012

In one of Siegel's earlier docs, an eye opening look at organ farming.

In one of Siegel's earlier docs, an eye opening look at organ farming.

• Oct 10, 2011

A perfect documentary. John Peterson is a captivatingly interesting person, and his life and story are worth the 83 minutes. Additionally, while the entire film could easily lean towards a political agenda, Taggart Siegel has successfully shown us that sensitive material can be dealt with objectively, and most of all, tastefully.

• Sep 21, 2011

a surprisingly unexpected great documentary.

a surprisingly unexpected great documentary.

• Feb 12, 2011

The gradual death of the American family farm is a tragedy, but this happy, uplifiting documentary introduces us to visionaries like John Peterson and the family co-ops who are bringing about a rebirth by re-defining 'the family farm' through organic gardening...and a way back to the land.

• Jan 25, 2011

It's one of the only documentaries that I'd watch again and recommend to someone else.

• May 29, 2010

i love how he turned his tragedy into something positive and was able to benefit from it. great film about perseverance! his connection to the earth and quest to share it with people is remarkable. support organic produce and farmers!