The Reef 2: High Tide - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Reef 2: High Tide Reviews

½ January 3, 2016
Time for all of us to play our part.

Troy had been captured by the humans and had several tests run on him that led to tremendous growth and development. He returns to the reef bigger and stronger than ever. He threatens the fish of the reef that in four days he and a few of his friends will return and eat them all. Pi tries to train his friends to face Troy, but Troy sends a spy amongst them to thwart Pi's plans. Pi discovers being a leader is harder than he anticipated.

"I'm a lover not a dancer."

Mark Dippe (Spawn, 3 Garfield movies, and The Boxcar Children) and Taedong park (Jungle Shuffle) collaborate to deliver The Reef 2. The storyline for this picture is just okay but fun to watch unfold. The characters are interesting, the animation style is solid, and the voices fit the characters perfectly.

"They just need to sing a happy song and everything will be alright?"

I recently came across these on Netflix and added both films to my wish list to watch with my daughter. She enjoyed them from beginning to end and giggled here and there. This isn't as good as other films in the genre, but is worth a viewing if nothing else is on.

"I love humans. They gave me the extra eye."

Grade: C
October 25, 2015
Just awful. The animation was nice to look at, but really - no other redeeming qualities.
½ June 10, 2015
Abysmal. Completely unwatchable.
May 31, 2013
Is it my duty to review sh*tty kids movies?! Well that's my choice I guess. You know the drill. This movie sucks, don't see it.
½ January 29, 2013
It's been a bit since I saw the first one, but I think, despite a really dumb story, I might have liked this one better. Then again, it might have just been the snot bubbles that did it for me.