The Resistance Banker (Bankier van het Verzet) Reviews

• Oct 17, 2020

Great movie! A very realistic un-Hollywood depiction of courage and moral determination. The banking transactions are sometimes hard to follow. But the plot, acting, and music more than compensates. Check it out.

• Aug 28, 2020

An extraordinary story of ordinary men and women using whatever influence they had to resist evil (a word I try to use sparingly but entirely appropriate in this case). Beautifully acted and filmed. As a history teacher, I would strongly recommend that older teenagers and adults should be exposed to stories like this to give them a context for their understanding of the world and a model for the love, courage and sacrifice it takes to stand up against injustice despite the terrible personal cost. Although the narrative arc is not entirely unique, the fact that it is a true story compounds its power.

• Aug 17, 2020

Great cinema! Well photographed, well scripted, a poignant story & true, with an unfortunately sad ending, really. Why only 90% score? -That last 10% is for the sake of perfectionism: There's always room for improvement, isn't there?!

• Aug 11, 2020

Its a great movie avout ww2 in holand great actors too

Its a great movie avout ww2 in holand great actors too

• Apr 11, 2020

Good story, intrigue, and shows how there are other parts and roles brave people play to fight for their country's freedom from oppression.

• Feb 16, 2020

The history of this period called to me for more knowledge on my part. The movie was slow in its pace, which I usually enjoy but this movie needed to speed up the process some. Perhaps the slow tension building contributed to my frustration. Heroic people took on over the top stress to do what their conscious demanded of them. The movie was flawless in the portrayal of their sacrifices.

• Jan 13, 2019

Normally I wouldnâ(TM)t be quick to pick up a Dutch movie, because honestly we are not that good at making movies.. but I heard really great things about this one so I decided to pick it up. And it honestly lived up to the great things I heard about this! This movie is a very beautiful and heart breaking story based on a real story in the second world war. The movie had the exact right tone to tell the story in and the storytelling itself was done in such an excellent way! This is one of those movies that left me as a sobbing mess and that never happened to me before with a Dutch movie! I can actually highly recommend this, I know there is a version out there with English subtitles (called âThe Resistance Bankerâ?) and I would highly recommend watching that one!

• Jan 02, 2019

Wonderful movie. Keeping the dutch dialogue with english subtitles really captures the acting in ways that voice-overs wouldn't. The movie really brings you into the lives of the main characters and builds up suspense very well. Tragic story and it provokes some deep thought along the ride. How would unaffected people with so much to lose handle an evil and dangerous government who oppresses innocents around them? Would definitely recommend.

• Oct 27, 2018

A great story that needed to be told.

A great story that needed to be told.

• Oct 10, 2018

I wonder after seeing this true story how many other heroic true stories are we missing from our our worldwide heritage? If it weren't for these men and women, our history would be a different story.