The Ripper Reviews

• Feb 11, 2019

A very romantic and not that very plausible version of the notorious murders from the australian brothers.

• Oct 16, 2016

Well done version of the real life horrors of the east end of London in 1888. Worth a look.

• Feb 05, 2012

Not too bad I guess, finally exposing the theory that a member of the Royal family was Jack the Ripper. However, it seems to me that not very much research was done on this film. Yes, they may have used photos of the real life victims but they were used in the wrong order, even showing a murder that had not happened at that point in the film. Also who was Inspector Hansen and where was Inspector Abbeline??? Would have been better if more research had been done.

• Jul 14, 2010

This adaptation is based on the shady Royal member, the Duke of Clarence and the bizarre theory that he was in fact Jack himself. Though I do not agree with this opinion myself (as it's just to fantastic to imagine), this movie does try to relate this story in a matter of fact sort of way. Patrick Bergin (Abberline) and Gabrielle Anwar (as Mary Kelly) are decent actors and like 'From Hell' it centres around the fictitious love interest, between Abberline and Kelly.

• Sep 19, 2006

Not too bad, but awfully slow moving at times. The pacing is just too slow. The cast does a good job. nice costumes and decent period detail. It lacks spark, it needs more energy and excitment.