The River Why Reviews

• Aug 25, 2015

Really loved it!!! Good story, well acted, great characters....totally enjoyed every minute.

• Aug 23, 2015

Great love story set in a beautiful location. Anyone who enjoys the outdoors and romance will enjoy this movie!

• Jul 03, 2015

Lovely story, beautifully told. This is a gorgeous setting in which talented actors bring us a tale of the outdoors as well as the human internal landscape. Well done.

• Apr 01, 2015

Amber Heard is a dime, but unfortunately this film isn't even worth that.

Amber Heard is a dime, but unfortunately this film isn't even worth that.

• Dec 31, 2013

Nice coming of age story with fishing as it's central element, but used as a metaphor for a philosophic point of view. Beautiful scenery.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2013

I can handle slow moving movies, but this one went nowhere. If you are the outdoors type, this may appeal to you for the river scenes. For those who would actually like at least some kind of a plot or storyline, this will bore you to sleep. It almost did me in...not terrible, just super slow, and uneventful.

• Aug 14, 2013

This is a movie with some truly amazing natural scenery. The story was a little slow, but overall this was worth a watch for the self-discovery of a young angler.

• Jul 07, 2013

Well done if greatly streamlined adaptation of the book. Zach Gilford is fantastic as Gus.

• May 26, 2013

Likeable enough characters in a bland story. Beautiful cinematography. Worth seeing once.

• Jan 31, 2013

It's not the genre of movie I usually like, all nature and thinking. The story is not existing, the dialogues are few and, except the one in the billiard room, not interesting at all. The comment of my brother was: "they put a nice chick, otherwise no one would watch it". Well...I perfectly agree, but, I don't know why, I don't want to fail it completely.