The Scarlet Clue Reviews

• May 10, 2014

The Scarlet Clue was another entertaining Charlie Chan entry--Chan Films Go More Comedic With Moreland!!

• May 06, 2014

ok entry in this serial but sidney toler not my fave chan

ok entry in this serial but sidney toler not my fave chan

• Apr 19, 2012

Fun Charlie Chan vehicle here, as Chan goes to a TV/Radio studio to seek out a killer. Mantan gets all the best lines and he's less annoying than usual. Which I can say the same for Benson Fong. Is really quite fun and humorous, loses it somewhat during the final act though.

• Jan 26, 2012

This is a great mystery-themed film of the '40s era, and here in 'The Scarlet Clue' Charlie Chan takes his case on soap opera radio. Filmed in good black and white quality.

• Sep 22, 2008

Ok... a radio studio, a deadly cigarette, a shoe print & top secret radar plans. The only Charlie Chan where MMoreland & his partner do their comedy routine.

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jul 09, 2008

My first exploration of the Charlie Chan films, and it wasn't bad.

My first exploration of the Charlie Chan films, and it wasn't bad.

• Jul 04, 2008

Toler saved the character from WW2 anti-asian sentiment by taking it to Monogram and continuing the blend of humor and sluething for many more films. A childhood favorite.

• Dec 23, 2006

I loved all the Charlie Chan Movies with both Sidney Toler and Warner Oland

I loved all the Charlie Chan Movies with both Sidney Toler and Warner Oland

• May 06, 2005

GOOD MYSTERY, FINE CAST. SIDNEY TOLER PLAYS CHAN. AVARAGE FILM IN THE SERIES, THE ROUTINE WAS GETTING A LITTLE TORESOME BY 1945 AND IT SHOWS. IT'S STILL GOOD. SHORT, SWEET AND INTERESTING. THIS ONE HAS A WORLD WAR II PROPOGANDA THEME INVOLVING SPIES AND RADAR PLANES.