The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty Reviews

July 19, 2017
I didn't love this the first time I saw it, in theatres, but this time I do loved it more! I think I'd seen it in between a couple of other times, but I either fell asleep or got bored or didn't watch or I don't know, whatever. Forgot to review this on 7/16/17.!
July 19, 2017
As always, trust the audience more than the critics. It would have been easy to turn cynical and drop some clever one liners on the antagonist, at the end, but they kept it more positive. That's a breath of fresh air because payback is generally given far more value than compassion and empathy in most movies. Most importantly, this movie had something I've not seen in a movie for a long time... A likeable protagonist.
½ July 19, 2017
Very enjoyable. Beautifully shot. Good for a lazy Sunday.
July 17, 2017
Far too laden full of heavily emphasized product placement to allow any real message or feeling to climb free. Although the cinematography is nice (this alone allowed a second star in the rating), it somehow manages to be simultaneously over-schmaltzy yet devoid of real emotion, with a desperation to achieve the latter being rather off putting. Puzzling film for that, and one I felt disappointed at having lost my time to.
July 15, 2017
This is a well executed, feel-good family film. Full of messages of inspiration to live life to the fullest, it does not miss a beat. Formulaic blend of light comedy and serious drama, the cinematography is fantastic in Iceland, where it poses for Greenland and Afghanistan as well. The film plots tie together very well.

I almost gave it a 9/10, as I don't care what the consensus groupthink of critics' ratings are.
½ July 11, 2017
I will be very honest here: The critics sometimes can go and suck a dick.
This movie is one of the very few that actually tries to show people that we all are in need of something greater that our 9-to-5 jobs, stability and basically normal lives.
I'm sure a lot of us are dreamers who are constantly thinking about the day we finally get to break the barriers that keep us stuck to what they have told us is a "normal" and "likeable" kind of life.
Anyway just watch the movie with this in mind.
July 10, 2017
Could have been a lot longer, but still good.
July 7, 2017
Pretty cool movie with some excellent OST. I'm not sure this kind of movie to everyone but if you are a "dreamer" or/& adventurer type, I think you will enjoy.
July 2, 2017
Watched with family. Cute movie.
June 30, 2017
I found this movie very entertaining, and I think many of us need to step out of out shells like this man did.
½ June 19, 2017
Dreams turned in action
June 15, 2017
Literally my favorite movie of all time
June 10, 2017
Look, one might be able to see all of the plot devices coming from a mile away, but it really doesn't take away from the movie. It's still kind of inspiring.
June 9, 2017
"The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" is a balance of memorable moments and sincere performances from most of the main cast, especially Ben Stiller and Sean Penn.
June 6, 2017
We all have/had the imaginary world!!!
½ May 31, 2017
An enjoyable adventure that inspires viewers to live life to the fullest. Walter Mitty is touching and thought provoking.
May 30, 2017
This movie is amazing and has such a true feel about how people come into their own at whatever age.

Inspirational and awesome sound track!!
May 5, 2017
Loved it. Poignant, beautiful, inspiring.
May 1, 2017
Grade - B-
Quite funny in places, helped by brilliant acting and directing from Ben Stiller. A flawed but solid comedy.
April 25, 2017