The Secret World of Arrietty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret World of Arrietty Reviews

½ June 26, 2017
The Secret World of Arrietty is another great Studio Ghibli movie that starts out strong but I feel end sorta weak. When it was over, I kept thinking, "that's it?"
May 26, 2017
Hayao Miyazaki never disappoints.
May 21, 2017
Beautiful story and stunning animation. Another great film from studio Ghibli!
½ May 14, 2017
A fantastic take on a classic tale! I loved every second of it, especially the amazing soundtrack!
April 22, 2017
Quite, quite thoughtful
½ February 18, 2017
How to take a charming, popular book series and make it unwatchable. There are some lovely elements in Arietty and her miniscule world, however they are not enough to save this meandering, visually confusing twaddle.
January 15, 2017
"The Secret World of Arrietty" reminds me very much of "Kiki's Delivery Service," a cute, family friendly movie that acts as another great installment in in Studio Ghibli's exceptional filmography.
December 15, 2016
With a story just as simple and pastel as the animation it's generally a light movie that has several-- though never really emphasized-- themes. It is certainly anticlimactic and never has a sense of suspense, and that is its biggest drawback.
½ October 19, 2016
A touching film that is beautifully animated and focuses on humanity's fundamental need for personal connection.
August 3, 2016
Visualnya luar biasa :D
July 29, 2016
breathtaking and in contrast to the borrowers movie, this is a very refreshing and highly creative, and inspiring animation. It's as if watching a moving painting in general. Wonderfully written. As expected from Studio Ghibli.
July 26, 2016
Such a wonderful story!!!!!!! :)
½ June 12, 2016
A fun adventure of a young "Borrower" and her struggle to find her place in the world. This movie keeps you smiling from beginning to end and locked into the story the entire time. Great family film that is a fun Re imagining of the Borrowers novel.
May 21, 2016
A simple and beautiful plot. Nice story. Excellent background music, loved the song too.... wanted to see more :) wish there is a sequel.
May 8, 2016
So so sweet but the ending was a bit unsatifying in my opinion. I would've liked more answers about the previous borrowers, why Haru hated them so much and what happens to Sho
May 6, 2016
This was a GREAT movie. The ending just didn't speak to well with me. I loved EVERYTHING but the ending.
½ May 2, 2016
Miyazaki steps back to pen this spin on The Borrowers. While the concept is familiar, the script builds characters and tension that is once again original.
April 27, 2016
Such a sweet movie, and the music is delightful.
April 5, 2016
This movie is one of the best Studio Ghibli films with distribution from Disney. Simply a good movie. Grade
A+
February 26, 2016
this is the best animated movie I have ever watched. loved it