The Secret World of Arrietty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Secret World of Arrietty Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
A beautiful, soft & soulful film that is a based on the story of the Borrowers by Mary Shelley.

This time it's country side Japan & a terrific story of a young man struggling with his health.

Not a major eventful film the strength of it relies in its simplicity & gentle approach. A nice film that captures the interesting story of this little people.
September 13, 2017
magical with a finely tuned soundtrack!
August 20, 2017
What an absolutely charming anime!
½ August 15, 2017
The Secret World Of Arrietty

Pros:
- Good Voice Acting (for the most part)

- Fantastic Animation

- Terrific Script

- Amazing Music

- Great Characters

- Very Interesting and Creative Concept

- Very Well Directed

- Much Like Studio Ghibli's Other Films, It Is Very Sophisticated Compared To Other Animated Children's Films

- Funny At Times

Cons:
- Some Of The Voice Acting Can Be A Little Bit Weak (particularly David Henrie as Shawn)

Overall Grade: A (9.5/10)
August 2, 2017
great animation & great cast but didn't like the ending & the music? actuly fantastic
if this was from 0 to 10
I would give it a 6
½ June 26, 2017
The Secret World of Arrietty is another great Studio Ghibli movie that starts out strong but I feel end sorta weak. When it was over, I kept thinking, "that's it?"
May 26, 2017
Hayao Miyazaki never disappoints.
May 21, 2017
Beautiful story and stunning animation. Another great film from studio Ghibli!
½ May 14, 2017
A fantastic take on a classic tale! I loved every second of it, especially the amazing soundtrack!
April 22, 2017
Quite, quite thoughtful
½ February 18, 2017
How to take a charming, popular book series and make it unwatchable. There are some lovely elements in Arietty and her miniscule world, however they are not enough to save this meandering, visually confusing twaddle.
January 15, 2017
"The Secret World of Arrietty" reminds me very much of "Kiki's Delivery Service," a cute, family friendly movie that acts as another great installment in in Studio Ghibli's exceptional filmography.
December 15, 2016
With a story just as simple and pastel as the animation it's generally a light movie that has several-- though never really emphasized-- themes. It is certainly anticlimactic and never has a sense of suspense, and that is its biggest drawback.
½ October 19, 2016
A touching film that is beautifully animated and focuses on humanity's fundamental need for personal connection.
August 3, 2016
Visualnya luar biasa :D
July 29, 2016
breathtaking and in contrast to the borrowers movie, this is a very refreshing and highly creative, and inspiring animation. It's as if watching a moving painting in general. Wonderfully written. As expected from Studio Ghibli.
July 26, 2016
Such a wonderful story!!!!!!! :)
½ June 12, 2016
A fun adventure of a young "Borrower" and her struggle to find her place in the world. This movie keeps you smiling from beginning to end and locked into the story the entire time. Great family film that is a fun Re imagining of the Borrowers novel.
May 21, 2016
A simple and beautiful plot. Nice story. Excellent background music, loved the song too.... wanted to see more :) wish there is a sequel.
May 8, 2016
So so sweet but the ending was a bit unsatifying in my opinion. I would've liked more answers about the previous borrowers, why Haru hated them so much and what happens to Sho