The Seven Five Reviews

• 2d ago

Could only make it 25min through the doc bc I got sick of Dowd smiling and laughing as he recalled stories of his disgusting corruption. May be karma gets him by the end of the movie, but I won't stick around to find out. This ex-cop is a total piece of shit.

• 6d ago

A Netflix crime doc that had highlighted police corruption at the peak of the crack cocaine era Gave a lot of insight into an area I knew little about. Scenes were well edited and stories were larger-than-life. Yet, this is not ground-breaking in its genre or present anything new. The documentary did not resonate well with me long after watching. 3.5/5. 4/5 on a good day. Though a good documentary. I cannot honestly give a higher rating.

• Aug 31, 2017

The wife and I gave this a spin via TiVo recording, and it was a pretty fascinating look at the corruption in the 75th Precinct of NYC circa the mid '80s. The cops involved all seem to be there to narrate things, even those that did tie for their misdeeds, and more than one seems to be more bragging about this shit than apologetic, so it makes for really interesting viewing. Well worth a look, recommended.

• Aug 01, 2017

More than a documentary about cop corruption, what is really at stakes here is to what extent we sympathize with the bad guy and dismiss who does the "right" thing, how Mike Dowd was a "good" cop until the end and how Kenny Eurell got away with jail time by ratting on him.

• May 10, 2017

Great fuckin movie!!

Great fuckin movie!!

• Apr 30, 2017

Just came across this documentary on Netflix, what makes this doc so compelling is the sheer honesty of all the subjects including Michael Dowd. There's no sugar coating. He was greedy, he made mistakes, but he owned it.

• Apr 15, 2017

Very well done and informative.

Very well done and informative.

• Mar 07, 2017

THIS is THE New York City of the 70s!!! The ONE I remember!!

THIS is THE New York City of the 70s!!! The ONE I remember!!

• Feb 19, 2017

such an insightful documentary about one of America's most corrupt police officers. It just keeps getting more crazy an it's narrated by the culprit Michael died. strongly recommend 10/10.

• Feb 14, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Seeing the accounts of all the main players from all parties was great stuff.