The Sex of the Angels (El Sexo De Los Angeles) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sex of the Angels (El Sexo De Los Angeles) Reviews

½ April 6, 2016
There are moments in this movie that I absolutely hated!!!!! And I wanted to strangle this movie (and the main female character) so often. But this movie just gave me so much that I wanted from a queer movie. It just made me so happy. And ughhh, hopeful. This also felt so very much like a European film. I can't imagine an American director making this movie the same way..
½ October 6, 2015
Beautifully portrays the complexities of falling in love with more than one person - especially when those two people are of different genders. Explores the betrayal of cheating, the confusion of love in a monogamous world, the devastation of breaking up, and the possibilities of consentual non-monogamy. Well done!
½ September 1, 2015
I take myself for a really open-minded person,but this was too much even for me.The first half was a really promising story but then it turned 180!An anthem to diversity,yet a stupid storyline,for what I am concerned.
½ August 2, 2015
Modern re-working of Noel Coward's play "Design for Living". Has some sticky patches, but not at all bad.
June 6, 2015
Ugh...pretty to look at, but idiotic characters and muddled heteronormative perceptions of homosexual/ bisexual relationships.
June 4, 2015
Angels of Sex is hot and well executed. Two thumbs up.
June 1, 2015
A Spanish version of The Dreamers, with some pretty damn attractive actors.
½ January 17, 2015
When love and lust happens at the same time.
December 27, 2014
Sexy interesting film
June 26, 2014
After being rescued from a mugging in Barcelona, Bruno begins to fall for his charismatic savior Rai. Thus begins a tale of confliction as Bruno must reconcile his feeling to Rai, to that of his long term girlfriend Carla.
It's a love story with a pan sexual twist. The script is a little flabby and the minor characters just seem to be there to buff out the tale and aren't given much to do this with.
Still though, the gorgeous cast are quite the distraction from this and it is beautifully shot.
½ November 19, 2013
SotA is a completely adolescent fantasy - any happy endings projected can only be expected to be temporary.
September 12, 2013
Not the first film to explore a libertine threesome relationship but a rather well made one that is, at once, serious yet filled with a good sense of humour and a very good nature. This earnest Spanish film explores [bi]sexuality as it chronicles the lives of its three attractive friends who at various turns discover and rediscover each other and fall in love as one. It is an emotionally involving film capturing the natural essence of deep-seated feelings that impact the heart and despite its unusual take it is a lovely film to watch.
September 2, 2013
The second half is better than the first, but I really dug this movie. Especially the second part, when we see the realistic portrayal of this kind of love triangle. Maybe b/c I've been in some that I appreciate how realistically they're presented (read: not convenient, stale plot devices).
½ June 25, 2013
Cute characters. Crazy drama and relationships. But it felt very real and I was in love with the characters.
June 8, 2013
An interesting, intriguing film that explores the complicated and complex chemistry of three friends, 2 male and one female. It dares us and challenges us to open our minds to what the definition of love is. I personally found the sexual relationship between the three to be a beautiful story.
½ May 16, 2013
You never realize love can happen this way. More playful and daring than Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Horizons widening.
May 14, 2013
Bizarre Love Triangle...
½ April 22, 2013
Reasonably interesting, but fairly predictable.
March 7, 2013
This was a fun movie.....that explores how 3 people all end up falling in love with each other. The 3 leads really did a great job acting wise, although I felt certain parts of the show were a bit underdeveloped, like Bruno falling for Rai in the earlier part of the movie. Oh don't be fooled by the name of the movie either, the movie wasn't all about sex, it had just a bit, and nothing really explicit either. Surprisingly one thing the movie lacked was a three way sex scene, it had one, it just wasn't shown, a bit odd, but say what, the director probably just left that one to our imaginations:)
½ March 1, 2013
A great foreign film that explores and deconstructs the levels of a relationship and what makes one work, as well as the aspects of sexuality and how superfluous it can be. Great acting and cinematography are somewhat marred by an ending that closes a little too neatly considering how the plot was leading to what would more than likely be a messy ending, but still a must see.