The Skin I Live In Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

One has to admire the range of Almodovar -- he's done camp, he's done drama, and this is one revenge drama that's too delicious for words. All centers around the things we do for those we love, to what demented depths we'd go to prove our love, to surrender trust, and to be conquered by the basic human need to be free...just fabulous piece of work

• Sep 18, 2019

The Skin I Live In has a very long build-up, but eventually it was all worth it as the second half introduces such a crazy twist that made the film very unique and disturbing. The entire storyline here is that of a standard mad scientist, but with the added twist in a typically crazy Almodovar fashion as only he could have cooked up this plot. The performances are uniformly strong, the themes are intriguing and the film wildly succeeds as a psychological thriller how disturbing, provocative and twisted it is.

• Aug 16, 2019

A well-directed film that certainly is like no other. La Piel Que Habito is thought-provoking, unexpected and mind-blowing, while its artistic approach and soundtrack -which is beautiful- give it an interesting and absorbing feel to the plot. It also showcases complex and raw performances from its cast, never settling for common or bland character development. Pedro Almodovar almost crafts an immaculate film that is as rewarding as it is intense, even if the ending played it a little safe keeping in mind its overall innovative premise.

• Matthew Samuel M Super Reviewer
    Jul 16, 2019

Unnerving yet engrossing, The Skin I Live In is a subtle thriller with a satisfyingly-developed twist. Its chic set design appears to pay homage to Kubrick's similarly uncomfortable A Clockwork Orange.

• May 18, 2019

filme muito bom! ainda que uma estrutura de filmagem e cenográfica altamente bem feitas, posso afirmar que foge dos padrões generalizados do business de Hollywood. o que à (C) bem bacana para aqueles que querem variar um pouco. a temática à (C) sem dúvida o maior ponto forte, uma história central bem interessante (e bizarra) com apêndices secundários muito inteligentes. ao contrário de outros filmes do Almodovar, as histórias paralelas possuem importâncias quase que equivalentes. mas neste filme, noto que todas elas servem para enriquecer o formidável papel de Antigo Banderas e seu dilema de criador e criatura.

• Feb 07, 2019

Maybe the greatest Almodovar film yet.

Maybe the greatest Almodovar film yet.

• Jul 09, 2018

For those who consider this to be a horror its grossly incorrectly labelled. Its not even thriller... it's mystery and suspense. There are some disgusting scenes involving sex changes and later the doctor being with the kidnapped sex changer. But its definitely a unique story. I'll give it props for that. The acting was great led by Antonio Banderas and Elena Ayana. Its a very fucked up story about revenge.

• Apr 10, 2018

advice you to see other Almodovar prior

advice you to see other Almodovar prior

• Mar 28, 2018

It gets weirder and more unbelievable as the story unravels.

It gets weirder and more unbelievable as the story unravels.

• Mar 27, 2018

My jaw was on the ground the entire film. This is Almodovar at his best. The story is incredibly disturbing and only get worse and worse. You're left with a conclusion so unbelievable and shocking that it leaves you speechless. But what a ride to that point! I could not look away from the screen for a second.