The Smurfs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Smurfs Reviews

November 27, 2015
The smurfs come to life!
October 2, 2015
The acting was good. Hank Azaria's Gargamel was a very enjoyable performance. The CGI wasn't too bad; the smurfs don't look realistic, but I don't think we would want them to. The movie definitely got some things right. But the plot is dumb and makes little sense, and after the trailers I was already sick of the joke about "smurf" being a euphemism for practically anything. They must have made that joke about a hundred times in the span of the film's fortunately fairly short running time of 103 minutes. The Smurfs is satisfactory entertainment if you're a child or don't mind movies of "all right" quality. But my biggest issue with this movie is in the form of a few questions. Why was this film made? Who thought this was such a great idea?
September 19, 2015
Do not watch this movie. It is terrible. The second is much better (5 stars). If you have work to do and you watch this movie, you'll be wasting time. As I said, do not watch this movie.
September 18, 2015
This is a movie only for kids, teens may like it, but adults won't! It's stupid, unfunny, and at times boring, but kids younger than 8 will love it anyways! F
½ September 6, 2015
Oh my Smurfs! This movie has an awkward story that's Really bad. However,the animation and neat comedic characters settle the deal. Review by Logan Cornn.
August 19, 2015
I think that this has had a harsh time in the reviews. It's not as bad as I was led to believe. I think it's the first Smurf thing I've ever seen so I can't compare with the legacy of old. I reckon it was alright for kids but, obviously, nothing special.
August 7, 2015
Awful movie in history.
½ August 3, 2015
Annoying at its finest, it's hard to believe a movie such as The Smurfs could even trigger a single laugh with the horrible story it has
½ July 28, 2015
It stars Neil Patrick Harris! What do expect from a film trying to be about little blue folks!?
July 27, 2015
This looks completely stupid!
July 27, 2015
I'm blue, and it's not because this movie was bad, it's because everything is blue. Holy smurf, what a smurfing movie, this is one smurf of a movie, I've been smurfed. Ok, that's enough. What can I say, it's cute, Smurfland is very well created and brought to life, Katy Perry's cuteness rings through as the voice of Smurfette and what can I say about Hank Azaria as Gargamel, he is one crazy mother smurfer ;)....Is it good or bad when the funniest character is the cat Azrael, well normally that's not a good thing but here it works, that cat gets a lot of and almost all of the laughs. It's a family movie, the kids will like it, the adults will laugh enough so I say this is RECOMMENDED.
July 6, 2015
very funny and cute.
½ June 28, 2015
The Smurfs is a movie about the smurf gang going to New York. What is wrong with this children's flick is that this relies too much on comedy than the storyline. Next is the bad cgi animation. The Smurfs may be funny and childish but this is ultimately forgettable. Complete utter crap.
June 23, 2015
The laziest shortcuts that can pass as "family entertainment" have been rounded up into a cynical heap that makes the color blue and the word "smurf" nauseating.
½ June 19, 2015
not a groundbreaking kids movie like it wants to be
this movie has its moments it does and its got some cool characters but overall a messy stupid kids movie that really doesn't make sense and it trys to hard to become this classic kids movie although kids will probably enjoy parents and adult wont
½ June 10, 2015
Its great to see that the smurfs are back, but the movie still sucks big time. (D+)
June 8, 2015
This movie is being panned by critics, but I don't understand what they expected. It's pretty much what every kids movie should be - cute, kinda dumb plot-wise and totally harmless. Plus, Hank Azaria was pretty awesome as Gargamel . Seriously, people - stop taking this stuff so... seriously!
May 16, 2015
When the evil wizard Gargamel chases the tiny blue Smurfs out of their village, they tumble from their magical world and into ours - in fact, smack dab in the middle of Central Park. Just three apples high and stuck in the Big Apple, the Smurfs must find a way to get back to their village before Gargamel tracks them down.
½ May 11, 2015
Why the (smurf) was this made?