The Sound of Silence Reviews

• Oct 11, 2019

I am a professional acoustician. At first, I thought, "so the stuff about sound is complete nonsense, but it's fun." And it went downhill from there. The stuff about sound was infantile nonsense. It's not clear whether the protagonist is just nuts. And the end completely cops out. Nice shots of NYC, nice score.

• blondie
    Oct 08, 2019

Nothing happened. Waste.

Nothing happened. Waste.

• Oct 08, 2019

Story was good, acting was gooder, but damn if they don't need (ironically) a sound engineer (i B-flat & old). I could not hear what Rashida Jones said in the climactic phone message to Sarsgaard. Other movie-goer was like 'couldn't they afford any more lighting?' Yet, it is the kind of film-making that I support 100%.

• Sep 15, 2019

While it loses a little focus towards the end, The Sounds Of Silence gets carried by strong performances from Sarsgaard and Jones, whoes silent chemistry is the strenght of the story. It wont be for everyone, but mainly for people that could appreciate a story about a odd profession.

• Sep 14, 2019