The Special Relationship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Special Relationship Reviews

½ November 20, 2011
A good movie or not? I don't really like this kind of movies...they are only biographies, they tell few things and hardly are interesting or enjoyable. It's the case also for the special relationships. It starts well, but ends up being just a resume of the events happened in the period in which Clinton and Blair governed together.
October 21, 2011
It was good to see again events from by-gone era.
October 12, 2011
best friends forever!
August 24, 2011
This film cemented what I always thought about both these men. Quaid and Sheen do a good job in convincing you that maybe Clinton did have more moral fibre than Blair - of a sort! But the marital relationships of them both are dramatically different. Good TV dramatisation but sensible not to take it to the big screen.
August 19, 2011
This was a very interesting movie. The majority of the movie takes place during Clinton's 2nd term in office and shows the relationship between Tony Blair and President Clinton. It's interesting to see this depiction of the two as being very dependent on the other for their own political success. Worth a watch.
August 19, 2011
July 10, 2011
It surely is a good watch but you can't help wondering how much of it is actually true. Dennis Quaid's make-up more ridiculous than his imitation of Clinton's voice.
July 8, 2011
Dennis Quaid was very convincing as Bill Clinton, this was a surprisingly good Film.
½ July 4, 2011
Worth a watch. Despite showing Clinton as a weasel, he is shown as someone really wanting to do the right thing. And, of course, Tony Blair is the hero.
But everyone does, I suppose, want to leave a legacy, however small. And when u really want to do that, the petty things get left behind.
½ May 24, 2011
Good acting and accuracy aside, there's just not enough drama between Clinton and Blair to sustain the show.
½ May 1, 2011
wonderful film by...who else...HBO!
April 29, 2011
I like Hope Davis, but still....
April 20, 2011
Interesting. Great actors of course, Hope Davis is a brilliant Hilary.
April 16, 2011
Michael Sheen es un monstruo, que gran actor! una muy buena película que retrata una parte importante de la historia.
April 16, 2011
This was a solid film explores the fascinating relationship between Tony Blair and Bill Clinton during their concurrently times office. Sheen plays a sympathetic Tony Blair very well, but while Quaid plays Clinton reasonably well, I never fully bought it despite occasional moments. The other casting was generally well done, with real shining moments from McCrory ( Cherie Blair) and David (Hillary Clinton).

I found it generally interesting, but there was a sense that there was so much more that could have been explored.
April 4, 2011
. This time we have more insight to Blair as presented through his relationship will US President Bill Clinton. Dennis Quaid is believable as Clinton, but Hope Davis shines as Hillary.
April 2, 2011
Some of the dialogue is a bit clichà (C) & on the nose, and it doesn't carry the emotional weight it's more successful predecessor THE QUEEN did, but it's compelling none the less.
March 31, 2011
It's definitely interesting but it's not a particularly enjoyable movie. Unless you're into the politics or the history it'll probably bore you. The performances are impressive though, especially Hope Davis as Hilary is uncanny. Would have like a bit more meat in the story but I suppose you can't have everything.
March 27, 2011
Sheen and Davis NAILED their roles. This was great view into a part of history we weren't privy to.
½ March 12, 2011