The Spirit Reviews

• Oct 13, 2019

Graphics are shit. Acting sucks. Steals imagery from other superhero movies and fails to deliver.

• Sep 15, 2019

You would think with a cast like this the movie would be good, but instead the dialogue is so bad you want to give Batman 66 series an academy award compared to this dull and campy mess.

• Jul 18, 2019

Beautiful Women, daring portrayals of Villian Octopus played by Sam Jackson in remembrance of the normalization in Hollywood long forgotten, The Spirit with it's modern tech and Noir tone, Just kind of lacks all around spirit.

• Jun 10, 2019

The visuals are amazing, but its the only credit worth giving. It was 100% style and 0% substance. We have characters that are impossible to connect with. Really, really bad dialogue. Very limited enjoyable action. Poor storytelling and appallingly weird imagery to make seriously. The best way to describe this film as a whole would be calling it stupid garbage.

• May 15, 2019

The movie is horrible! As director and screenwriter, Frank Miller is best as a comic book writer!

• Jan 20, 2019

Despite stylish visuals, an over-the-top performance from Samuel L. Jackson and a crazy climax full of dakka, The Spirit can't help but feel like nothing more than a poor man's PG-13 Sin City. The movie is unfaithful to its source material, the plot is a mess - something something trunks something something blood of Heracles -, the characters are one-dimensional with melodramatic acting to boot and it really can't decide whether the tone is meant to be campy - laugh at the Deadpool-style injuries The Spirit and the Octopus's clone henchmen suffer - or serious - "My city screams" and "She is my spirit" like an angsty teen writing in his diary of angst -. If you loved Sin City or 300, this movie's going to be a real let down.

• Jan 18, 2019

Visually engaging and not much else.

Visually engaging and not much else.

• Jan 15, 2019

I did not think the movie was as bad as everyone said it was. I thought the younger characters than the other Sin City movies worked well for a younger audience. As the other ones it was visually appearing.

• Nov 10, 2018

A good look cant make this movie good. At all.

A good look cant make this movie good. At all.

• Jul 23, 2018

The best part about this movie is where it was over.

The best part about this movie is where it was over.