The Stanford Prison Experiment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stanford Prison Experiment Reviews

August 23, 2018
Always been fascinated by this experiment. Used as the basis for other shows like big brother uk to make good tv. I just wonder how accurate it all was.
August 10, 2018
One of the best movies i have ever watched.
½ August 3, 2018
At times thought-provoking and disturbing at others, this film takes the true-life events of Dr. Zimbardo's research and showcases some of the most chilling and troubling moments that took place in a fake prison ward forty years ago.
½ July 15, 2018
The experiment itself is pretty well known, popping up all over the place in books, but seeing it reenacted so convincingly is gripping and unsettling. The film sags a bit in the middle but is definitely worth watching.
July 11, 2018
Chilling, accurate and authentic, The Stanford Prison Experiment is the perfect didactic work to show what can happen when scholarly ambition goes too far.
½ July 3, 2018
Lacking in solid character development, the film plays out more as a documentary than an emotionally intricate film.
July 3, 2018
When I was in university, I took a Psychology course. During this course I learned about the Stanford Prison Experiment and it caused me to rethink how I saw experiments. I even did a paper on how this changed me and how it changed the world. When I learned that they were doing a movie based on the experiment and that the original proprietor of the experiment would be working alongside the filmmakers and the script writers, I was all in. When it came to watching the film, it became very clear to me that simply reading about what happened and seeing brief pictures of the hallway did not prepare me for how actors would portray these various characters and just how far they would go in their portrayal of the abuses and the squalor suffered by those involved. This is not a movie for the faint of heart as it is unapologetic about how it treats the prisoners and how it shows the deterioration of the morals of the guards. Despite knowing from experience with the source material many of the things that were gonna happen, it still shocked me when they happened due to the great acting and superb film making. Any person that wants to take Psychology in a post-secondary capacity or wish to obtain a job in a correctional facility, this movie is a great way to prepare yourself for what you will see in both instances.
½ June 21, 2018
The acting talent keeps this repetitive film afloat.
June 3, 2018
One-note-story, but an interesting and well acted one.
April 7, 2018
Amazing yes watch. Real life experiment. True story.
March 26, 2018
Experimenting at its best. The Stanford Prison Experiment is brutally intense and it shows how mean Officers can treat there patients.
½ March 24, 2018
eu já tinha lido sobre o experimento algumas vezes, mas VER o reencenamento do troço é muito mais desgraçamento mental
March 17, 2018
this is a very tough movie to get through. it shows just how unprofessional and degrading the actual experiment was. prisoners had to agree to all the abuse or else they would be subjected to more penalties. the acting is superb and really makes you feel as if you're in the experiment with them. it's a very though provoking film, but at the same time, the psychologists and the guards really challenge you into seeing the benefits of what they're doing.
½ March 15, 2018
This is a hard thing to make a film about - they did it as well as they could. Michael Angarano was very good.
½ March 5, 2018
The sweet 70s hairdos and mustaches can't help this slow, excruciating movie. After a while, I realized I'd rather shut it off and read the wiki article.
½ March 1, 2018
Clocking in at 120 minutes, The Standford Prison Experiment struggles to maintain focus, but the acting prevents it from completely falling apart.
February 24, 2018
I really enjoyed the movie. Hard to say if Hollywood had changed any facts from the study itself. Overall a good movie to show the darker sides of people with assumed authority.
½ January 15, 2018
Worth seeing for sure.
January 8, 2018
The fact that this actually happened at a college, and Stanford nonetheless, just blows me away. Such an interesting story about what happens when people are put into a situation like this. Awesome movie
½ December 29, 2017
Well acted, intense, and visually appeasing in it's simplicity and setting, the film only suffers from it's padded length and the departure of Ezra Miller's character mid way through