The Stingiest Man in Town Reviews

• Aug 27, 2017

Rankin/Bass do a highly abbreviated, musical version of "A Christmas Carol". It's fine, but it's a tough story to do justice to in under an hour, and inserting songs certainly doesn't help. What you essentially get is the high points and little else. Walter Matthau is a fine actor, but he's not quite what you want for Scrooge. The story is narrated by B.A.H. Humbug, an insect voiced by Tom Bosley. The less said about that the better.

• Dec 14, 2015

Best Christmas special.

Best Christmas special.

• Nov 26, 2015

This lazily animated story influencesd heavily by Scrooge could have certainly done without the musical numbers every two minutes.

• Dec 13, 2012

The Basil Rathbone starring version is better.

The Basil Rathbone starring version is better.

• Dec 23, 2011

Bad, really bad, supremely bad, did I mention that it is bad?

Bad, really bad, supremely bad, did I mention that it is bad?

• Mar 21, 2011

One of my childhood favorites- and my mom's too. Great music!

One of my childhood favorites- and my mom's too. Great music!

• Nov 15, 2010

This Christmas Carol adaptation has Walter Matthau perfectly cast as Scrooge, but some of the songs really suck which make it drag at times.