The Story Of Luke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Story Of Luke Reviews

March 17, 2017
Totally great movie!!!!
March 11, 2017
Lilliana Mayo's Centro Ann Sullivan del Perú is probably one of best autism center's in the world, and almost the only one that works with the little non-verbal kids until they're talking and then getting jobs in their late teens and early twenties. And therefore, her son, Alonso Mayo, probably knows more about young adults with autism than most of us working in the field of autism, as this flick he wrote and directed shows. I just finished watching his "The Story of Luke" sort out of a sense of professional obligation, knowing it wouldn't really be that good as an entertaining movie; but I was wrong. It a great movie, a semi-feel-good comedy. Really well done from the understanding of autism to the background music, to the acting and the script. Everyone related to autism in one way or another should see it, including those of us working in the field and my fellow behavior analysts.
½ June 20, 2016
Fueled by great performances and strong sensitivity.
April 30, 2016
Actually very good, much better than expected. It's surprisingly touching and very well acted. Very underrated film.
February 13, 2016
Awesome!! Funny, Heartwarmin. A must see!!
October 30, 2015
It was cute and made u invest in Luke and I smiled throughout the whole movie. Him changing everyone around him for the better felt believable and not cliched. Also awesome acting on the lead actors part.
June 23, 2015
Wonderfully heart-warming.
½ May 6, 2015
Lou Taylor Pucci's performance isn't convincing enough and to me it misrepresents autistic people.
March 7, 2015
I loved this movie so much. Lou Taylor Pucci puts on a performance of a lifetime. Along with strong performances by Cary Elwes and Seth Green. This highly inspirational and tear jerker will throw you in a whirlwind of smiles and tears. Rejoice, Luke sees the world so few can.
February 5, 2015
Could easily have fallen prey to cliches, but steered clear. Strong performances all around.
January 14, 2015
The Story of Luke tells the tale of an autistic young man who sets out to find a job, a girl and be his own person. It is a very light hearted comedy that stays fairly upbeat and has some touching moments along the way. The relationships he builds with his family and how he changes the people around him for the better was fun to watch although it did start out a little slow. The acting was great and the film was a perfect length as it didn't go on to long or end to soon. There is nothing outstanding about this one it just tells a good story and will leave you with positive thoughts.
October 22, 2014
The story of Luke is an amazing and compelling story about a young teenager who has autism. It teaches you and ism to educate you about the side effects and difficulties that so many people encounter with this illness. It's fascinating, educational and a humble experience that also fundamentally teaches you that no matter what difficulty and obstacle is put in front of you, you can overcome. More importantly, it teaches and bring up the main moral in life, that everybody should obide too. Be respectful and understanding to everybody that you meet, because we're all the same.

Amazing movie!
September 19, 2014
The Story of Luke takes us on a journey of a young adult that goes on an adventure after his grandmother passes away he wants his independence and attains goals and strives to attain the goals like finding a job because he wants a girlfriend.
The movie is quirky and fun and has truth to it.
I was surprised with this movie i really was taken in by the movie the story and the characters.
It opens your eyes to how people perceive people with disabilities etc..
I think this movie is a sleeper of last year.
The younger audience should watch this with parental guidance it has some adult themes and language that should be supervised.
August 3, 2014
I honestly loved this movie. It's a good insight and a lot can be learned. Definitely changes perspective.
July 1, 2014
Boring in the beginning but nicer as it goes on. It has its funny moments and Luke is a great character
June 23, 2014
I found this film to be quite comical yet very entertaining!!! How far would you go to be normal??
June 16, 2014
Bravo Alonso Mayo for his thoughtful, sensitive, direction that allowed Lou Taylor Pucci to deliver the role he was destined to play, one of the best performances seen in a very long time. Seth Green is stunning as ever... never typecast, and FINALLY, a role worthy of Cary Elwes.
June 16, 2014
Honestly one of the best films I've ever seen. I was blown away.
June 7, 2014
Pretty funny, and in a genuine way. The story is told very well from Luke's point of view.
May 25, 2014
This movie is very cute and touching, yet very sad and depressing at the same time - much of what it's like to live with a disability on a day to day basis.