The Story Of Luke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Story Of Luke Reviews

½ June 20, 2016
Fueled by great performances and strong sensitivity.
April 30, 2016
Actually very good, much better than expected. It's surprisingly touching and very well acted. Very underrated film.
February 13, 2016
Awesome!! Funny, Heartwarmin. A must see!!
October 30, 2015
It was cute and made u invest in Luke and I smiled throughout the whole movie. Him changing everyone around him for the better felt believable and not cliched. Also awesome acting on the lead actors part.
June 23, 2015
Wonderfully heart-warming.
½ May 6, 2015
Lou Taylor Pucci's performance isn't convincing enough and to me it misrepresents autistic people.
March 7, 2015
I loved this movie so much. Lou Taylor Pucci puts on a performance of a lifetime. Along with strong performances by Cary Elwes and Seth Green. This highly inspirational and tear jerker will throw you in a whirlwind of smiles and tears. Rejoice, Luke sees the world so few can.
February 5, 2015
Could easily have fallen prey to cliches, but steered clear. Strong performances all around.
January 14, 2015
The Story of Luke tells the tale of an autistic young man who sets out to find a job, a girl and be his own person. It is a very light hearted comedy that stays fairly upbeat and has some touching moments along the way. The relationships he builds with his family and how he changes the people around him for the better was fun to watch although it did start out a little slow. The acting was great and the film was a perfect length as it didn't go on to long or end to soon. There is nothing outstanding about this one it just tells a good story and will leave you with positive thoughts.
October 22, 2014
The story of Luke is an amazing and compelling story about a young teenager who has autism. It teaches you and ism to educate you about the side effects and difficulties that so many people encounter with this illness. It's fascinating, educational and a humble experience that also fundamentally teaches you that no matter what difficulty and obstacle is put in front of you, you can overcome. More importantly, it teaches and bring up the main moral in life, that everybody should obide too. Be respectful and understanding to everybody that you meet, because we're all the same.

Amazing movie!
September 19, 2014
The Story of Luke takes us on a journey of a young adult that goes on an adventure after his grandmother passes away he wants his independence and attains goals and strives to attain the goals like finding a job because he wants a girlfriend.
The movie is quirky and fun and has truth to it.
I was surprised with this movie i really was taken in by the movie the story and the characters.
It opens your eyes to how people perceive people with disabilities etc..
I think this movie is a sleeper of last year.
The younger audience should watch this with parental guidance it has some adult themes and language that should be supervised.
August 3, 2014
I honestly loved this movie. It's a good insight and a lot can be learned. Definitely changes perspective.
July 1, 2014
Boring in the beginning but nicer as it goes on. It has its funny moments and Luke is a great character
June 23, 2014
I found this film to be quite comical yet very entertaining!!! How far would you go to be normal??
June 16, 2014
Bravo Alonso Mayo for his thoughtful, sensitive, direction that allowed Lou Taylor Pucci to deliver the role he was destined to play, one of the best performances seen in a very long time. Seth Green is stunning as ever... never typecast, and FINALLY, a role worthy of Cary Elwes.
June 16, 2014
Honestly one of the best films I've ever seen. I was blown away.
June 7, 2014
Pretty funny, and in a genuine way. The story is told very well from Luke's point of view.
May 25, 2014
This movie is very cute and touching, yet very sad and depressing at the same time - much of what it's like to live with a disability on a day to day basis.
½ May 20, 2014
I've always found Lou Taylor Pucci, other than always reminding me of a young Johnny Depp, has been an incredibly underrated actor throughout the years. I don't think he's ever gonna win any prestigious acting awards, though it wouldn't surprise me if he did, and he's unlikely to be the next big box office draw after Will Smith, but I find that he's immensely talented and he has a quiet presence about him, where he's obviously not as imposing, or as big, as The Rock, but he's got something that draws you to him in films. With that out of the way, this might have too much of a feel-good indie quirk vibe, I found the film to be really good with very good performances, a smart script that doesn't insult those with autism, but instead celebrates it in an encouraging and uplifting way, sort of like 50/50 did with cancer. When I celebrate it, I don't mean it in a 'hooray for autism' kind of way. It just celebrates the positive influences it can have in peoples' lives and that its not really something to be afraid, or ashamed, of. The film does poke fun at Luke's interpretation of what people tell him and how literally he absolutely takes everything that is told to him. The story is also kind of a effective because it touches on universal themes, just seen through the eyes of someone with autism. The search for independence, love, and acceptance are all touched on. Of course, autism plays a huge part on Luke's search for all of these things, but it's not done in a heavy-handed way. That's what I was fearing most before I started watching this film. Thankfully, those fears were unfounded. The film is quite funny, but it is never laugh out loud funny, which wasn't its intention. The film blends the drama with the comedy very effectively, and one doesn't undercut the under. The acting was very good, with Lou Taylor Pucci clearly stealing the show with his mannerisms, his tone of voice, and his body language all being spot on. This review has petered out, all of a sudden. The directing/cinematography itself isn't out of this world. You can very clearly see that this film didn't have the biggest budget. Not that it needed it with the script and the immensely talented cast to help make up for that. Damn good movie, certainly an uplifting and feel-good film for those with autism, and those who help take care of them. Flawed film, but ultimately it's a very rewarding and enjoyable experience.
½ April 28, 2014
an empowering film saying that even people with disabilities can get their act together and become something of themselves
Lou Taylor Pucci is sensational as Luke, he has autism but that doesn't stop him from dreaming and wanting to do everything that his grandpa says he has to do to become a man and be successful
Cary Elwes and Kristin Bauer are awesome as his aunt and uncle guiding him down the path of self-discovery and potential
we all want out own independence at some point when we get older
Seth Green is a riot too when it comes to dealing with abnormals
Alonso Mayo perfectly balances the comedy with the actual warmth of these people's lives