The Story Of Luke Reviews

• Jan 30, 2019

...and then Predator arrived and chose him as the next evolutionary step. The superhumanization of the autistic condition begins with films like this. (Mauro Lanari)

• Mar 17, 2017

Totally great movie!!!!

Totally great movie!!!!

• Mar 11, 2017

Lilliana Mayo's Centro Ann Sullivan del Perú is probably one of best autism center's in the world, and almost the only one that works with the little non-verbal kids until they're talking and then getting jobs in their late teens and early twenties. And therefore, her son, Alonso Mayo, probably knows more about young adults with autism than most of us working in the field of autism, as this flick he wrote and directed shows. I just finished watching his "The Story of Luke" sort out of a sense of professional obligation, knowing it wouldn't really be that good as an entertaining movie; but I was wrong. It a great movie, a semi-feel-good comedy. Really well done from the understanding of autism to the background music, to the acting and the script. Everyone related to autism in one way or another should see it, including those of us working in the field and my fellow behavior analysts.

• Jun 20, 2016

Fueled by great performances and strong sensitivity.

Fueled by great performances and strong sensitivity.

• Apr 30, 2016

Actually very good, much better than expected. It's surprisingly touching and very well acted. Very underrated film.

• Feb 13, 2016

Awesome!! Funny, Heartwarmin. A must see!!

Awesome!! Funny, Heartwarmin. A must see!!

• Oct 30, 2015

It was cute and made u invest in Luke and I smiled throughout the whole movie. Him changing everyone around him for the better felt believable and not cliched. Also awesome acting on the lead actors part.

• Jun 23, 2015

Wonderfully heart-warming.

Wonderfully heart-warming.

• Mar 07, 2015

I loved this movie so much. Lou Taylor Pucci puts on a performance of a lifetime. Along with strong performances by Cary Elwes and Seth Green. This highly inspirational and tear jerker will throw you in a whirlwind of smiles and tears. Rejoice, Luke sees the world so few can.

• Feb 05, 2015

Could easily have fallen prey to cliches, but steered clear. Strong performances all around.