The Story of the Weeping Camel Reviews

• Jul 31, 2019

I didn't get the appeal of this movie. It's about a camel and a tribe that smokes some cigarettes. That's really it.

• Jan 06, 2019

Subtle and insightful look into Mongolian camel herding family.

Subtle and insightful look into Mongolian camel herding family.

• Oct 05, 2018

very slow and uninteresting. almost fell asleep.

very slow and uninteresting. almost fell asleep.

• Sep 22, 2017

I love learning about new cultures, and The Story of the Weeping Camel gave me insight into a world I didn't know before. This is a very simple movie-the filmmakers point the camera at the everyday lives of this Mongolian family without commentary or agenda-and yet it got me emotionally involved. This is a documentary in its purest form and it's worth a watch.

• Apr 29, 2014

Mubi. The documentary was nominated for an Oscar in the category Best Documentary at the 77th Academy Awards.[4] International Film Critics Award, 2004 San Francisco International Film Festival[5] White Camel Award, 2006 Sahara International Film Festival

• Apr 11, 2014

A charming, convincing film about real life for yurt-dwellers in the Gobi Desert and their camels

• Jan 19, 2014

Slow, very very slow.

Slow, very very slow.

• Apr 07, 2013

"The Story of the Weeping Camel" is about the bonds of family. The film is an intimate story of a nomadic extended family (grandparents, mom and dad and their children) living in the Mongolia's Gobi Dessert as they try to reconcile the relationship between one of their camels and its white offspring. The mother camel rejects her colt. While the pacing of the movie is a bit slow, such is life in the desert. The entire family works together to help the camels. With only their yurt and a small wood burning stove, there is less dysfunction and more genuine love here than a modern Western family. The ending of the film is magical, as a musician performs a "Hoos" ceremony to help the mother camel accept her child.

• Feb 12, 2013

An unusual story, set in Mongolia. I enjoyed it's sensibility & subtle charm.

An unusual story, set in Mongolia. I enjoyed it's sensibility & subtle charm.

• Feb 04, 2013

A fascinating film of a incredible real life Mongolian Family who are goat & camel hurdlers. The director stayed with these people for 4-5 months to study them & be there when the magical moment happens. The family is tied to a camel who has a difficult birth of a colt & rejects it's young & the family aim to build that connection but nothing works. The boys of the family set off to find a musician to perform the ritual that with the right music will make the camel weep & connect with it's colt. It's a beautiful and times slow film of refreshing characters & natural life...a incredible achievement & a must see.