The Stranger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stranger Reviews

½ November 5, 2016
I love watching B movies, this was too bad for words. There are incessant flashbacks with odd shaky cam usage. The movies is very unclear in tone and narrative. The action is forgettable.
½ March 2, 2015
* Acting is wooden from most of the cast
* The action and dialogue is extremely clichéd
* Not a fan of the way the movie was shot
½ August 13, 2014
Terrible writing, and terrible acting. The only thing worse than those two is the terrible directing. Yet again another director who feels the need to have stupid quick pans, quick zooms, shots with stupid camera angels. I have no clue what he was thinking shooting some of the scenes with the camera angels he did. I don't know why directors now a days feel the need to use so many stupid camera tricks? Just tell the story! The movie has a really terrible color washing look to it too. Really can't say enough bad things about this movie. Avoid.
March 30, 2014
Wasn't this a Steven Seagal movie?

Mindless D-grade entertainment.
January 15, 2014
Bad in so many ways.
January 7, 2014
Most idiotic opening scene ever. Bad video quality, far fetched chasing. Poor car and motorbike chases, repeating shots, pointless time consumption on them. Reasonably good fights and scenery. Base story is good but reduced to bare minimum; instead flashbacks and beforementioned chases consume most of the time of movie. Too bad. Acceptable ending and even great thing happend: I did not know who is the bad guy until the end and that despite the fact I watched movie for the second time. All I knew was that I watched the movie, but story was not than obvious that I would know what will be the end. So This movie could be ok, if not so much scenes would be there just to hold plot together.

If you like fightning one against all and car chases...
June 24, 2013
Although the acting is not top notch it's still a good time.
½ May 2, 2013
Steve Austin plays a lead well enough but the story seems to just keep going in circles. Replay value: low
November 21, 2012
stone cold can't remember who he is and what he has done in his past in this average action/thriller.
August 12, 2012
8/12/2012: Only watched 30 minutes, but this isn't a good movie. The writing was poor and the flashbacks were awefull.
August 7, 2012
Nothing really changes from movie to movie for Steve Austin, the acting is terrible. Not just for him, but everybody in the whole film.
June 11, 2012
Just got done watching and was really really good..
June 10, 2012
First of all I'm a big fan of Stone Cold Steve Austin, but this wasn't as good a movie as expected.The storyline was somewhat lacking and even the some of the acting was below par.I wouldn't have watched it if I had known this things. So for that i gave this movie a D.
April 26, 2012
If you are a wrestling fan (like me) then you must like Steve Austin! He did a great job in his role. But the poor direction & screenplay made this movie slow & boring.
½ April 26, 2012
pretty decent action film, alot of suspenseful scenes as the stranger fights for his identity and life. worth seeing
April 24, 2012
Only thing strange is that I bought this crappy movie.
March 25, 2012
Just watch 'The Condemned' or 'Damage' instead.
½ February 14, 2012
The worst of the Stone Cold films - and that's a little frightening.
½ January 13, 2012
nice action movie. Steve always plays a good part.
½ January 5, 2012
Austin takes a stab @ the Bourne formula & needless to say it's not very successful. The flix is a bit of a mess w/ more flashbacks then I have endured w/ the acid that I have taken in my youth. Some actual structure would have been nice but instead this film is all over the place & although it resolves itself in the end it isn't necessary. There is an actual way to tell a story w/out a liner story line w/out MTV style flashbacks constantly. If The Stranger has slowed down a bit & actually went about telling a story it would have been better. Instead it decides to leave the audience clueless & in a state of confusion that you are force to wait about to the end. Frustrating in the least but Steve Austin does what he does best..he's a stone cold mother-fucker