The Stranger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stranger Reviews

December 12, 2011
Stone Cold Steve Austin from WWE stars in this movie. I would say it is okay, but it was not as good as the other movies he starred in such as The Condemned and The Longest Yard.
August 7, 2011
90 minutes of my life gone. Horrible & hard to follow.
½ July 21, 2011
It was pretty ridiculous. If the ending would have been the beginning and they based the movie off of that, then it would have been way better.
July 17, 2011
theres elements of the bourne series and memento here but when it kicks in its catually very entertaining. This is just the right role for austin, little to say and lots of ass kicking and he does it to perfection. Both adam beach and erica cerra are spot on and very engaging characters to follow. Theres to much shaky cam at the startof this but that settles down into some fast paced hard hitting action scenes that are mostly low key are certainly felt throughout! The plot is quite interesting and the balance is just right here with story line and action mixing up quite nicely. Its set up for the sequal with austin been a man on a mission but overall quite a lot of fun if nothing to original.
½ July 16, 2011
This plays like a slow made-for-tv drama where it shows boring flashbacks and boring dialog in between Steve Austin getting his ass kicked. It had potential if the director wasn't about slow-paced talking in place of what was supposed to be an action flick.
½ May 16, 2011
Bah! It would be a good movie if it was actually filmed like one. It's make like it's an amateur movie. Dunno what went wrong with the mics and cameras/lens, but this just ain't right!
May 1, 2011
A little hard to understand, keeps skipping back and forward. All comes together at the end, overall a pretty neat film.
April 3, 2011
Though Steve Austin is one of my favorite action stars to watch...this was not one of his best movies. But i don't blame Steve for this, they basically took an old story and did a poor job of executing it. Think of the Bourne Identity, but written very poorly.
March 26, 2011
Good concept and it was done pretty well. Some things were lame though and it took a while to get into the movie. But overall it was better than some of Austin's other movies.
March 24, 2011
Intresting stone cold flick
March 6, 2011
Vraiment mauvais. Du debut a la fin. Mauvaise histoire, mauvais acting, mal tourne, etc.
March 4, 2011
WWE legend Stonecold Steve Austin stars as a man with no name or memory,His family taken away from him,the FBI and russian mob on his tail "The stranger" is an action fuelled thriller with a kick.Good performances all around from Steve Austin(The longest yard,The condemned,Damage)and Adam Beach(Windtalkers).
February 22, 2011
Pretty Much Knew what I was getting into, Even though I think "Stone Cold" Steve Austin does have potential as an Action Star when given the right material and/or Role, Similar to his Character in "The Expendables." This definitely isn't it. Your typical late night Cinemax fare, and even that's being kind. The sad part they actually left it open for a possible sequel....Oi.
½ January 25, 2011
This gets only 1/2 star I could not keep my eyes open watching this disaster , with the exception of "The Rock" I don't want to see any former wrestler ever on the big screen, they where bad actors as wrestlers so they are even worst on film....Don't even bother with this mess of a so called movie.
January 16, 2011
2/10: Straight to DVD stuff. The constant flashbacks are a real irritation. Don't understand why they bother making this movie.
½ December 26, 2010
Very bad directing, poor story, and where's the action?
December 4, 2010
seen it didnt like it that much hunt to kill with austin was a much better film than this one lol,
November 30, 2010
Think he's just making movies, just to be making a movie. Good fights &....
Well that's it.
November 16, 2010
Better all around movie than Hunt To Kill but still kinda lame. The performers in this one were actually pretty decent and the story line wasn't a bad idea either. Really the only thing that pissed me off beyond belief is the same reoccuring faint memories Austin has over and over and over again. I had to sit through the classic "NOOOOO!!!!" scene about 6 times with a random explosion without any explanation until the last scene of the damn movie.

So aside from the beyond annoying flashback scenes this was actually a pretty decent direct to DVD flick for Steve Austin. Oh and there's a laughably bad car chase scene in it too. Anyways, I've made a vow to see every Austin movie he's ever made. Next up: Damage

59% From me
½ November 14, 2010
I'm glad that I was able to make it through to the ending of this movie, as unlike pro-wrestlers I am not going to pull any punches. A small comparison to the Bourne Identity aside, thinking Steve Austin could ever be classed as inconspicuous at 6foot+, bald, built like a mountain and has no eyebrows; well we are not stupid (audience). It is obvious that they had some money left over at the end of 2009 and decided to throw something together, whereas the actors can't be blamed in this instance, I wonder how many wished they had turned it down.