The Suspect Reviews

• May 17, 2016

The twists keep you interested, but at the end it gets really melodramatic.

The twists keep you interested, but at the end it gets really melodramatic.

• Jul 22, 2015

Seen i couple of weeks ago , a nice one i remember

Seen i couple of weeks ago , a nice one i remember

• Mar 01, 2015

Worst acting I've ever seen!

Worst acting I've ever seen!

• Feb 17, 2015

The Suspect is one of the movies that has intriguing hook right from the start. It shrewdly fiddles with the timeline back and forth, giving just enough information as it goes and revealing timely revelations later on. Whereas other thrillers might offer aggressive approach, The Suspect bids its time with apt performance by its cast along with the premise of social manipulation. A sheriff in small town arrests a man after bank robbery. This particular suspect only has one identifiable feature that allegedly implicates him, his dark skin. Since it's the farthest thing from CSI, the sheriff must determine if this suspect is indeed the felon. The strange dynamic concept spirals further as there are a lot of questions concerning his behavior, which might not be so accommodating. The movie's biggest strength is its social and psychological aspects, these are easily identifiable to audience as well as meticulously scripted. Acting is fine, with the cast looking beyond their stereotypical roles as they try to outwit each other. Cinematography isn't grandiose as the movie sets almost entirely in rural town. In fact it's exclusively shot only in a few major sets and the rest is ordinary road or outdoor. This is made cleverly into an advantage since the movie probably wouldn't work with bolder setting. The camerawork itself is good, opting more for precision than flair. The change in pace flows adequately well with smart script to guide it. Some scenes pique curiosity while a few others are surprisingly humorous. One drawback from this shifting pace is it can be confusing at times, also towards the end the narration is slightly heavy-handed. The development could be smoother as some of the scenes may be foreshadowing. Nevertheless, the movie maintains a balanced focus through its run time. The Suspect is a different type of thriller, it delivers an alternative and restrained story. If this is a book, which we should never judge by its cover, it would be a pop-up book due to series of trickery it has stored inside.

• Jan 01, 2015

Just got done watching this one on Netflix, and I really enjoyed it. It's got fight scenes. It's got high speed car chases. It's got spies and espionage, so if you like Bourne Identity and don't mind foreign films with subtitles; then I highly recommend giving it a try.

• Dec 03, 2014

This definitely had a plot that's been used often (kind of Bourne for South Korea). A bit long with some unnecessary fight scenes, but still quite an enjoyable action flick overall.

• Nov 28, 2014

Jittery camera work, too way over the top, too long, not enough substance, predictable - left me jaded and meh at the end.

• Nov 25, 2014

If you put The Fugitive, Taken, and The Bourne Supremacy in a blender with dashes of Korean melodrama and politics, you'd get this solid actioneer.

• Nov 08, 2014

A pleasant surprise saw this on Netflix and decided to check it out and I'm glad I did it's a movie that builds up and sucks you in really great characters awesome direction I loved the score and a nice storyline.

• Oct 08, 2014

This had the makings of being a great spy thriller until the fight scenes take place. whoever decided that quick editing as many angles into the scenes was dumb. throughout most of the action you can't even see what's going on due to the constant cutting of the fight. and with them doing that loses all consistency and at points can tell where they screwed up the editing. not too bad of a watch but the editing is shotty.