The Taint - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Taint Reviews

June 8, 2016
The best in Troma-style gore and general wrong-ness. Funny but in a really bad way?wtf does that mean? It's funny as shit.
½ June 12, 2015
Funny but in a really bad way
February 25, 2015
If your looking for trash reminiscent of the old days of Troma look no further. It doesn't get much trashier ,disgusting, or offensive then this.
August 16, 2014
Quite possibly the greatest movie we've conceived. EVER. Also, it had a badass soundtrack!
March 21, 2014
Post-apocalyptic sci-fi/action/horror from the folks at Troma studios, The Taint plays out like an idiotic, slapstick version of "The Screwfly Solution." Tainted water has turned men into misogynistic psychopaths who seek only to rape and murder women. Filled with bodily fluids, The Taint is a stupid, offensive, and somewhat cleverly satirical film that mashes genres together into a sickening, hilarious, and insane hybrid that only Troma could have created.
½ September 1, 2013
Wicked score + phenomenal intentions + Troma = love it or hate it TRASH.
½ April 3, 2013
It's garbage. It makes no sense, has the immature humor, it's all exposition, and any decent joke completely fails. Acting is down right terrible and the editing is terrible and the plot makes no sense. Apparently it's set in the apocalypse but this film focuses on memories and penis jokes that you just don't get it.
March 16, 2013
A nonsensical Troma like film without the Tromaville references. Overly reliant on the male phallus and actually had a disturbing moment or two...despite horrible line readings and some insanely poor effects.
March 14, 2013
Maybe I getting older but idk this just seems terrible in every sense of the word . I love independent filmmaking especially horror/b-movie and the still desire of making films look like they did in the late 60's to 1970's but adding today's raunchy humor . The Taint is film the should be see once just see what the fuss people are mainly complaining about . The film would work if they were to tone it back to 8 when this film goes to 11. Scenes of obviously fake male members ejaculating blood and semen or just getting blown off with. Shotgun after the first time ( which lasts way too long with the semen for god sakes ) . I'll say it again but maybe I'm getting old but this just doesn't suit me at all maybe it never did . I love horror /b-movies with sleaze but at a controllable sleaze not " hey let's throw bunch of bodily fluids and penis' in movie while a dude with terrible bleach blond hair runs around being just really annoying and have a woman who all wants to do is shoot zombie male members off . It sounds like gold but its way too too too much of the funny thing. One star for just existing and having a cool poster but that's it . I'll revisit this movie in 6 years opr so see how it does with a 27 year old me maybe ill have a different opinion but for now the 21 year old me is tuning out this film. Troma didn't make it ( Lloyd ! You know better man ) but its in their library.
½ January 22, 2013
not quite as great as i was hoping, i dunno about this one
November 23, 2012
Would have made a good short.
April 29, 2012
Une expà (C)rience sensorielle de tous les instant à conseiller à ceux qui ont 2h de vie à perdre!
Francisco G.
March 23, 2012
This is probably one of the biggest recent pieces of trash cinema I recall seeing in a long time.

Something in the water turns man into woman-murderous psychopaths... with massive and explicit hard-ons. That's all you need to know.

Keeping it short: it's completly devoid of any logic, filled with nonsense, violence, random moments, outrageous jokes, chauvinism and lastly, it's disgusting in every way possible. All of the bodily fluids (and solids) you don't wanna see are all here in full detail. Wish the middle section was shorter and a bit more outrageous but it's still pretty funny. In company of your friends and a lot of beers this will be the best time you could have.
March 9, 2012
An irredeemable pile of filth that is as entertaining as it is depraved.
February 15, 2012
This movie tries really hard to be hip and bizarre all at the same time.
Drew Bolduc writes, directs and stars in this soft of zombie movie about a sort of drug/potion that turns men into raging zombie like monsters whose dicks hang out and jizz a lot.
That is the biggest down side to the movie, the over abundance of dicks and dicks jizzing.
The music is really good and some of the randomness is quite funny.